• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What new Pokemon will be OU?

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    I think quite a lot of the new Pokemon have the potential to be OU. Almost every Pokemon has a unique trait/ability/move that makes it valuable and good to use.

Aegislash with King's Shield, SD, Autotomize and good ability and type make it awesome. This Pokemon actually has strategy. Shield till you set up, then hit, guard, hit ...

Talonflame is awesome with its two strong stab attacks flare blitz and brave bird/acrobatics.He is a great revenge killer with CB and 120 bp priority stab. Priority roost is also good. He can set up SD and sweep.

Gourgeist and Trevenant are great. Grass/ Ghost with awesome movepools. Leech Seed, WoW, Seed bomb, Shadow Sneak. Gourgeist XL is very bulky. 85/122/75 bulk is very good. Small Gourgeist could be a fast subseeder. Trevenant with decent bulk and good attack can be very good with leech seed, will-o-wisp, horn leech, rest with natural cure or lum- harvest.

Hawlucha with 92/119 att/spd is very good. Plus Unburden with flying gem, a great offensive type and powerful moves and this bird can sweep.

Goodra. 90/70/150 bulk is great especially on the special side. 110 sp.att and 100 att is also amazing. It can be a mixed attacker or a special tank. She has some of the best abilities in the game in Gooey and Sap Sipper although hydration is nerfed. She has an extremely divert movepool with dragon pulse, draco meteor, boltbeam, flamethrower and even sludge bomb, muddy water as well as physical moves like outrage, EQ, power whip, body slam etc She can easily use both physical and special moves with its decent offensive stats and yet be very bulky. She is an amazing special tank with respectable power and awesome movepool and coverage. She can even use Curse which is very potent since it can boost its already decent attack and low defense. I mean Goodra is great. Max HP and Sp.Att and it will beat lots of enemies. Use dragon pulse, flamethrower, sludge wave and ice beam or curse, outrage, earthquake, power whip or mixed with draco meteor, earthquake, sludge bomb and power whip.

Dragalge with adaptability is also very interesting. Decent sp.att and good special bulk with powerful boosted attacks and its great. Draco meteor, dragon pulse, sludge bomb, hydro pump.

Zygarde is very powerful and bulky. Great overall bulk with high hp and defenses plus very good attack and great movepool with outrage, DD, EQ, extreme speed etc.

Tyrantrum looks viable too with DD, head smash, dragon claw, earthquake and awesome attack and physical bulk. Its good and looks OU maybe with choice scarf too.

Noivern is decently powerful and very fast with powerful moves. Being very speedy is a big merit in OU so l can see him there.

Greninja is kinda the new starmie. Extremely fast and powerful with awesome ability that grants stab on everything makes him awesome. Hydro pump/ surf, ice beam, dark pulse and u-turn is a great moveset. Starmie has surf, ice beam, thunderbolt, psychic. Greninja has surf, ice beam, dark pulse. He doesnt have thunderbolt but whatever.

Florges is pretty much Goodra in fairy type with a different movepool. She is very specially bulky and strong so special tank is her role. Moonblast, Wish, Aromatherapy, HP Ground, Petal Blizzard etc She suffers from her limitdd movepool but she is still very strong and bulky.
    Sylveon is pretty much the same.

Gogoat is bulky, decent attack, milk drink, leech seed and bulk up and sap sipper so it could be good as a tank.

Chesnaught as well cause he is very sturdy and strong.

Avalugg is ultimately bulky. Great HP, defense and atack and it gets recover and rapid spin so its kinda good.

Malamar has a very high chance cause he has only two weaknesses, has Contrary and Superpower and also Topsy-Turvy which actually means ' screw you set up sweepers'. His stats arent that good but his ability and unique movepool are.

Pangoro with parting shot may have a chance as well.

So what do you think?

Years
    I don't think automize is good on a set for aegislash that will use kings shield, IMO you want no speed whatsoever. You want it to take the first hit in defense stance go to its other stance and attack and then get your speed priority kings shield the next turn. Then repeat.
    Speed could kill.
    An attack stanced aegislash couldn't withstand shadow ball,flamethrower,fire blast,earth power, overheat,dark pulse
    And the physical attacks that would hit like earthquake shadow claw fire punch and fire fang will only allow maybe one kings shield before he is snuffed out

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
    Years
    Yeah, I agree that Aegislash will be OU. 150 base attacking stats is nothing to play around with, and King's Shield can also seriously weaken physical attackers. It's destroyed by Foul Play though..

Mega Mawile will most likely be OU. 678 max attack. 678. Not only that, it gets a boost in defence and special defence too. It has a great typing, with two immunities and 9(?) resistances. It's painfully slow though, and can be revenge killed by anything that can resist Sucker Punch.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
    From the looks of it, Talonflame won't survive something like rock slide/stealth rock sort of thing. I think that it will be in OU, but just barely.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    Florges definitely. Her high sp.def and recover move make for an execellent special tank. Its too bad she isnt grass/fairy. if she was she will be amazing in a grass mono ou team.

Sylveon well......still not sure actually. She could make a good special tank as well due to her high sp.def and Hp but she lacks a good recovery move. but no. I will not give up on her. must be something that will make her ou. mabye her overpowered moonblast will get her up to ou. and besides her fairy type will be very valuable against all the dragons in ou lol

Azumarill. somewhat good base atk plus pure power plus play rough.

Gardevoir. Moon blast. omg that move is seriously overpowered.

thats all I can guess at the moment. havent tried that many kalos pokemon on pokemon showdown as of yet lol

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Talonflame OU? With 80 base Attack? You gotta be kidding me. He has priority Flying-type moves, and that's it. An efficient Blaziken killer, but if they ban Blaziken again he will instantly become a lot less interesting. Not to mention Stealth Rock ****s him hard and his two best moves have recoil.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    There is an OU discussion in the Battle Forum FYI.

Talonflame with Gale Wings is OU. It can Wipe Out Teams using Legendary Pokemon when Played Right. Don't underestimate the power of a Priority Sweeper. This thing can also eat a thunder wave and still move first, if it doesn't loose a turn.

I have STOPED using Talonflame against friends for being too good. Now I lead with my Scolipede!!!

The Great thing about Scoilipede is that he can Attack, Set up spikes, or Batton pass. What makes him AMAZING is that you can make him do any 2 of 3 things on the same pokemon. He will be able to do at least one job before dying, if not both.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    Talonflame may have the ability to sweep teams without setting up anything but it is easily countered by basically any rock type that can take few hits from Brave Bird with a crippling x4 Rock STAB. Once Heatran can be used again He'll be knocked down into RU or something. Zygarde and Froakie are however easily OU, I'm not sure about Aegislash, as having 4 weaknesses and King's Shield does not protect from Status moves.

I feel that due to the nerf in weather that Drizzle with Swift Swim will no longer be banned and Pokemon like Ludicolo will be raised into OU in Rain Teams.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    What about MegaGengar? From what I've read and seen, it's an absolute monster (which is awesome.) Though, Gengar is already OU, so maybe it'll end up Uber?

Oh tiers.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    I haven't faced one yet but I can say that if it can compete well with other Ubers he would be, if not he'll stay OU.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Aegislash certainly won't be any lower than OU, but I can almost see this one making it to ubers.

Protean Greninja will find OU welcoming it with open arms. It is fast, powerful, unique and it is versatile enough that it won't be completely predictable.

I predict Mega Mawile, Aggron, Scizor and maybe Kangaskhan to be OU.

Goodra had a good chance of becoming OU. I think Noivern, however fast, will become UU because 97 power just don't cut it without a godly move pool.

Back