• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What new transport will there be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Yeah but the problem would be...
    What poekmon would be rideable?
    Though I guess a new pokemon move would do... or... if the pokemon following you gets into this one, you can simply talk to a large-sprite pokemon and you can ride on it. (Granted it isn't something like Wailord.

Unfortuantly some pokemon that could easily hold a person as well as a horse (Such as Blastoise) don't have 'large' sprites like Lugia, or Arceus, yet they'd be able to carry someone.

Though... that WOULD be fun...

It's true that the larger sprites would be easier to adapt, but a slightly-enlarged version of a sprite combined with some form of the bike-riding player sprite could easier produce a suitable Pokémon riding sprite, no? And of course, as with any learnable move (should a move be used to access such a technique) only certain Pokémon would be able to learn it, thus GameFreak can pick and choose which Pokémon are ridable as suitable forms of transport; I would say anything large enough and quadrepedal would fit the requirements, as would larger Pokémon such as Doduo or Dodrio, thinking along the lines of the Capture Contest sections of Pokémon Ranger and with Yellow from PokéSpe in mind. I would also class all third-stage Starter evolutions in there, just because they would probably be large enough and the emotional attachment would probably make players favour these Pokémon as their preferred mode of transport.

On the subject of an item, such as a saddle, granting this function accessible, size would again be the main requirement. Only Pokémon that the saddle would fit upon (i.e. not too small) would be able to wear the saddle and thus be rideable. There is also the consideration of Pokémon that are especially large, but the game physics would most likely gloss over the fact that there are no saddle straps in the world that could extend around the belly of a Wailord but still tighten around a Ponyta, so this is not as large an issue. It is just the thought of a Totodile wearing a saddle that is bigger than it that makes me stress the fact that size would be a consideration - I still resent the fact that a Pidgey can carry a person across a region without difficulty, or that a Goldeen can ferry someone across an ocean without a hitch, but as I said, game physics certainly aren't always the most logical and as such, the programmers probably would not see a problem.

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Tricked out moped. Think about it, you know you want it - don't lie.

Bunny69

Serious Buisness
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    Hmm yeh but it states that you need an aeroplane to get to it how good would it be if you live in sinohh and your at the newley created airport and have to fly to isshu region how cool would that be ? /quote]
    Really?
    That probably wouldn't work out.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Hopefully a train to transport you between cities, and a tram to take you to different locations are big cities.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I think that if you have to go overseas, it will be either a boat or an airplane. Can't drive a car or ride a train overseas.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    Trains and Boats! Did you see the screenshots? :D
    What new transport will there be ?
    What new transport will there be ?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    High-speed rail, subways within cities (if they make them large enough) and airplanes. Possibly motor vehicles and submarines (for underwater exploration of course). I think that HSR and airplanes will definitely be introduced. I mean isn't Isshu suppose to be the most advanced region yet? It only makes since. Though really I don't care that much if we don't get any major transportation improvments. Going on foot is always the funnest, and healthiest way to travel :D

I think that if you have to go overseas, it will be either a boat or an airplane. Can't drive a car or ride a train overseas.

you could ride a train depending on the distance. Britain and France have the English channel passage for HSR lines. Japan also has an underwater passage as well but I can't remember where it was (it's like in southern honshu somewhere).

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I recall that in the magazine they mentioned that there was to be a NEW mode of transport in the game, we already have Boats and Trains, why are people mentioning them?
    I predict rollerskates.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    I recall that in the magazine they mentioned that there was to be a NEW mode of transport in the game, we already have Boats and Trains, why are people mentioning them?
    I predict rollerskates.

That'd be just another bike clone...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we get to rid zeppelins.
    Zeppelins, Dirigibles, in other words, BLIMPS!

BWAHAHAHA
    Who wants to bet I'm right on this.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    I thought it would be cool if you could "Ride" your Pokemon. That way you could ride on the back of a Rapidash instead of use a bike. I do think there will be a Steam Train due to the railroad tracks, but I'm not sure about this "Plane" theory. One of the things I don't like about this Generation so far is that there seems to be TOO much technology. It would be nice to see more Forests and Routes.

Ooh! Blimps would be awesome though. There could even be a Zeppelin themed Pokemon! DRIFBLIM DOES NOT COUNT!! He was just a giant balloon...

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
    It would have to be a steam train or diesel. There are no wires above or next to the track.

That, or the track is abandoned.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Blimps are good, but......what would really be awesome, is a Final fantasy styled airship

That would intimidate the pokemon in surrounding areas! good idea though, but what would it be useful for besides looking good and having the evil team steal it sometime later on in the game?

It would have to be a steam train or diesel. There are no wires above or next to the track.

That, or the track is abandoned.

well assuming she was walking on the tracks and they don't look very maintained I think they're abandoned.

Last edited:

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    That would intimidate the pokemon in surrounding areas! good idea though, but what would it be useful for besides looking good and having the evil team steal it sometime later on in the game?

well assuming she was walking on the tracks and they don't look very maintained I think they're abandoned.

Yeah, True. Now that I look at it they look abandoned. I like the idea of riding your pokemon. Maybe we can take a cab or bus around the city. r we can drive Portable Golf Carts around the whole region XDD

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2010
    Motorcycles will replace bicycles.
    We could be playing Pokemon games on motorcycles.
    Srsly.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Motorcycles will replace bicycles.
    We could be playing Pokemon games on motorcycles.
    Srsly.

Make sure you don't run over a wild Tsutaja while you're on it though. I think we should just walk like usual. Taking a train or bus would be pretty cool too. Especially if it was a big, yellow Pikachu bus.

Shuckleman

The Awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    What about digging underground with the move dig? I know, not exactly "New", but it would be different then the underground. maybe they could make it complete 2d, and let you control if your pokemon digs up, down, left, or right. then, when you are above a city, route, or town, it tells you and you can dig up to it.

MuRd3riNGQu33nX

Leader of World 3-X
    Years
    to switch it up a bit, I wouldn't mind them putting in scooters or motor scooters or something xD that'd be pretty sweet. But nothing to extreme like cars and stuff, It just wouldn't feel right. Either keep the bike, train, and boat, or add in scooters for the bikes spot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back