• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What pokeball you use to capture Mewtwo!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I use Dusk ball on my mewtwo and use o power capture rate take me 6 dusk ball

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Premier Ball. I try to get everything in Premier Balls. It's hard because each one costs $2000 and they are only as good as a regular PokeBall.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I will just chuck a Master Ball considering that I caught Yvetal on my 3rd try with a luxury ball. Already enough good luck for one game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I used the Master Ball earlier in the game, so I used an Ultra Ball to capture Mewtwo. I always attempt a quick capture with a Quick Ball first though (it actually worked once).

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2016
    I managed to snag him super easy with an ultra ball, after a merry-go-round of Recover spam.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Quick ball to the face. That's all.
    The same result with that Z legendary, forgot the name.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • Quick Ball, but that didn't work so I Spited it's Recovery so it couldn't use it then False Swipe it's health down. Used Sleep Powder, then Dusk Balls. He is currently resting in a Dusk Ball.

doraemonz

Beyond 9 ~*
    Years
  • Mewtwo was a pain to capture for me, took a few resets coz I kept killing him xD
    I managed to catch it with my last premier ball tho

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's taken me an extremely long time to finally capture Mewtwo. It was able to wipe out my entire team for approximately five or six times, which, if you ask me, is a lot! At the time I was battling it, many of my Pokémon were ten to fifteen levels higher than Mewtwo, but it still managed to have them taken down. And it did it without even breaking a sweat. I've done all sorts of stuff trying to capture it—paralyzing it, getting its health down to as low as possible, putting it to sleep, and more. Nothing worked, though. None of it. d: I've tried using a variety of Poké Balls trying to have it caught, but the only one that was ever close to capturing was an Ultra Ball. Then, I've realized that Mewtwo was in a cave, which is dark. And Dusk Balls have a significant capture rate when used in dark places. Since I didn't have any of them in my backpack, I decided to exit the cave and buy myself some. When I was done, I've returned to the place where Mewtwo was in and re-battled it. Finally, after the use of only twenty to thirty Dusk Balls, I was able to get my hands on Mewtwo successful. If I had thought about this sooner, then I would've caught Mewtwo a long time ago.

Currently, I have this Pokémon stored in one of my PC boxes. I would have had it on my team, but since it's banned in competitive play, I decided not to. If I did, then a lot of people would've complained when battling online. xD"

Years
  • Caught it with a standard Poke Ball, same as with every Pokemon I have caught in this game, even the legendaries. I don't know why but I just enjoy it more catching everything in a Poke Ball :)

Back