• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Pokemon are not obtainable in Emerald?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groove

Bler
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2007
    Hopefully, people will also be able to tell me where they ARE...

-Sapphire and Ruby
    -Fire Red and Leaf Green - are all 150 from these games not in R/S/E? I'm aware Mew is, but the other 150? I hope not, I want a Pikachu...
    -Unobtainable without real life influence such as special events?
    -Colosseum or XD? Yeah I know about the bonus disc that the US got, but here in the UK we're not so lucky - I'm thinking of the actual game discs themselves.

Once answered, maybe this should be stickied (and the same done for Ruby/Sapphire?)?

Thanks for any help peeps. ;)

[Kohaku]

Twitching Ninja
    Years
    I'm not sure about the others but I know you can catch Pikachu in R/S/E, it's in the safari zone.

enyce

banned
    Years
    You cant catch meditite in emerald :(

You can catch. Geodude, Zubat, golbat, Graveler, Oddish, Gloom

Some others i dont know of

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Between Ruby and Sapphire, not counting any other group, here are the version exclusive Hoenn Pokemon:

Ruby:
    Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Zangoose, Solrock, Mawile, Groudon.

Sapphire
    Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Seviper, Lunatone, Sableye, Kyogre.

Which means for these two games, you don't get Seedot in Sapphire, and you don't get Sableye in Ruby.

For Emerald, these are the missing list of Hoenn Pokemon:
    Meditite, Medicham, Surskit, Masquerain, Roselia, Zangoose, Lunatone.

As for Fire Red and Leaf Green, again they both have version exclusives, but between the pair of these games you can get all the Kanto set.

Fire Red has these Pokemon missing:
    Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Slowking, Staryu, Starmie, Magmar, Magby, Pinsir, Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Misdreavus, Sneasel, Remoraid, Octillery, Mantine.

Leaf Green has these Pokemon missing:
    Ekans, Arbok, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Bellossom, Psyduck, Golduck, Growlithe, Arcanine, Shellder, Cloyster, Electabuzz, Elekid, Scyther, Scizor, Wooper, Quagsire, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Delibird, Skarmory.

Right, now onto the GameCube games. From Colosseum, you can get only the following:
    Espeon, Umbreon, Makuhita, Bayleef, Quilava, Croconaw, Misdreavus, Slugma, Noctowl, Flaaffy, Skiploom, Quagsire, Furret, Yanma, Remoraid, Mantine, Qwilfish, Dunsparce, Meditite, Swablu, Sudowoodo, Plusle, Hitmontop, Entei, Ledian, Suicune, Gligar, Sneasel, Piloswine, Stantler, Ariados, Aipom, Murkrow, Forretress, Granbull, Vibrava, Raikou, Sunflora, Delibird, Heracross, Skarmory, Miltank, Absol, Houndoom, Tropius, Metagross, Tyranitar, Smeargle, Ursaring, Shuckle, Togetic, Ho-oh.

And for Pokemon XD, the following are obtainable:
    Eevee, Teddiursa, Ledyba, Poochyena, Houndour, Baltoy, Spheal, Mareep, Gulpin, Seedot, Spinarak, Numel, Shroomish, Carvanha, Delcatty, Voltorb, Makuhita, Vulpix, Duskull, Ralts, Mawile, Snorunt, Pineco, Natu, Roselia, Meowth, Swinub, Spearow, Grimer, Seel, Lunatone, Nosepass, Zangoose, Togepi, Elekid, Paras, Growlithe, Shellder, Beedrill, Pidgeotto, Tangela, Butterfree, Magneton, Venomoth, Weepinbell, Arbok, Primeape, Hypno, Golduck, Sableye, Raticate, Dodrio, Farfetch'd, Altaria, Kangaskhan, Banette, Magmar, Pinsir, Magcargo, Rapidash, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Scyther, Chansey, Solrock, Starmie, Electabuzz, Swellow, Snorlax, Poliwrath, Mr Mime, Dugtrio, Manectric, Salamence, Marowak, Lapras, Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Tauros, Rhydon, Exeggutor, Dragonite, Sandshrew, Gligar, Trapinch, Hoppip, Phanpy, Surskit, Aron, Zubat, Wooper, Meditite, Larvitar, Shuckle, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Chikorita.

Well, that took it's time. Hope this helps.

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Toothache said:
    .For Emerald, these are the missing list of Hoenn Pokemon:
    Meditite, Medicham, Surskit, Masquerain, Roselia, Zangoose, Lunatone.

Wait, I thought I heard somewhere that after you beat the game, if you look on a TV at some ponit (not sure when), there'll be an announcement of a "swarm" of Surskit on Route 102. During this tie, you should be abl to catch one. And it makes sense, cause in my Emerald Prima Games Guide, it lists Surskit as one of the Pokemon you can get on Route 102.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    LegosJedi said:
    Wait, I thought I heard somewhere that after you beat the game, if you look on a TV at some ponit (not sure when), there'll be an announcement of a "swarm" of Surskit on Route 102. During this tie, you should be abl to catch one. And it makes sense, cause in my Emerald Prima Games Guide, it lists Surskit as one of the Pokemon you can get on Route 102.

Unfortunately, that TV event only happens on Ruby/Sapphire. I've got the Nintendo Power Emerald guide and it says that you can only obtain it from Ruby/Sapphire, really.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Actually, you need to mix records with either Ruby or Sapphire, and the swarm then does appear in Emerald (after it appears on TV). Only way to get Surskit without trading.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Here are the Pokemons are not obtainable in Emerald:
    Surskit
    Masquerain
    Meditite
    Medicham
    Roselia
    Zangoose
    Lunatone

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    I give 100% full credit to Toothache for answering this question He did it better than I ever could. Thank you bunches Toothy!

Lugia is in Pokemon XD which can be traded to your game after purifying it, and Ho-oh is in Pokemon Colo after doing a bunch of stuff tith the Battle Mountain which can be traded to your game. Otherwise, cheating or Nintendo event tickets are the only way.

Next time you have a question, ask it in Simple Questions. Using it helps us reduce spam so it helps us help you, I love to help! The link to this overly helpful thread is in my sig and in the group of stickies near the top of the R/S/E (GBA) thread listing.

CLOSED

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back