• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon Do You Wish Was Stronger?

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
Years
  • (/Were stronger) By stronger, I guess I am referring to stats:D I wish Tropius was alot stronger..:C

Are there any pokemon you wish had more "ummph" for competative, or personal reasons? I know they can't all be OU, but I really feel like some pokemon get jipped when it comes to stats.

Ashitaka

Spirit of Snorlax
    Years
  • I love Pidgeot and Noctowl a ton, but you have to EV train them just to get them up to mediocre, it's a shame. Mantine is another who's just not quite strong enough to be really useful. I'm still waiting for a good Physical Fire move (something around 80 power and 100 ACC, like how Water has Waterfall now) to make Flareon really great. Poliwrath needs more Sp Atk, and Kingler would be awesome if he didn't have horrific Sp Def (Cloyster suffers from this too now since the special split in Gen II). Xatu having both low Sp Def and HP has always dissapointed me. Altaria could use more offensive muscle.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • Tropius is strong. You just have to equip it with the right moves. He's the main fighter on my team.
    I kind of wish Mothim was stronger. It looks great, but I can never keep it alive long enough to get it half way through a battle.

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    I wish Bronzong was stronger

Bronzong is a good pokémon but I can barely train it good enough because a stupid machoke
    is always killing him and P.S looking for a strong water type try quagsire!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Persian, definitely. It's one of the best looking Pokemon in the game, yet its Speed is its only impressive stat. I'd like to see at least a healthy Attack boost so it can do something with that high Speed stat. And no, Hypnosis doesn't count; its accuracy is atrocious.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Octillery looks awesome and has a brilliant moveset - but it's stats are messed up. Its moveset is almost exclusively Special, yet it has base 105 in both special and physical. His physical stat is almost useless. Since it's horribly slow and takes hits like a chump, its physical stats should be moved and put into any other stat.

ATM the Mudkip

A Mudkip
    Years
  • Pikachu!
    I was he was heaps strong all the time, unfortunately he is pretty weak >.>

ARON!
    I want it to be a heap stronger for competitive and because i love him

Both those Pokemon can evolve, why would they be stronger?

All my favorites, excluding Mudkip who can evolve, are pretty strong already. Except Sharpedo, his defense is pretty bad.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • To be fair i think Linoone or Zigzagzoon should be stronger. Like so many people catch him at the beggining and end up Leaving him in the PC. Just like bidoof. <- >.<

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Smeargle. It's got such an adaptive move and can't even use it to the fullest because of its poor stats. There's not much else I can say on that.

Any other middle evolutions, like Nidorina, Wartortle, and Quilava. Yeah, I'm picking from my favorites, but I still feel that they could have been a little better. Everyone wants to evolve them...I don't. I hate Blastoise, and Nidoqueen is okay. I have no problems with Typhlosion, but I just find Quilava cooler.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    Smeargle. It's got such an adaptive move and can't even use it to the fullest because of its poor stats. There's not much else I can say on that.

Well smeargle is used in ou alot sooo yeah. Also yeah Quilava looks a bit cooler than typhlosion.

also butterfree should be made stronger D:

Ayselipera

I really wish that Umbreon had a better Attack or Sp. Attack. I can't stand "tank" pokemon.

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    Tropius.
    Now I know that it's stats aren't horrible, and that when trained, it can be decent, but I wish it had a stronger base to build off of.

Also, Eevee.
    Even though it can evolve into a lot stronger pokemon, it's stats as a normal type are atrocious, forcing you to evolve it or let it sit in your PC.
    Mostly because I like it a lot...

Years
  • Pidgeot, Farfetch'd, Poliwrath, Floatzel, Wigglytuff, Meganium. To name a few. Farfy is a personal favorite, but it's just terrible. At least Chatot can actually do something.

As a whole, I think Grass-types could do with one less weakness, and Poison-types could do with more super-effectives.

Years
  • Miltank. It already is pretty storng, But I wish it was at least a little bit stronger. not because it needs to be, but just so people actually appreciated the strength of that cow.

Back