• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon has the saddest/weirdest backstory?

Who

• Cubone

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Spoink

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yamask

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    Tell me if I've missed any.

Yamask
    "Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry."

Spoink
    "It apparently dies if it stops bouncing about. It carries a pearl from Clamperl on its head"
    "Using its tail like a spring, it keeps its heart beating by bouncing constantly. If it stops, it dies."

Cubone
    "It wears the skull of its dead mother on its head. When it becomes lonesome, it is said to cry loudly."
    "It pines for the mother it will never see again. Seeing a likeness of its mother in the full moon, it cries. The stains on the skull it wears are from its tears"

Yvonne

♥ Kalos Queen ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2015
    In my opinion Cubone has the saddest story. The one from Lavender Town particularly, since if I remember correctly, it's implied that it watched its mother die violently right before its eyes. The fact that it wears its mother skull in memory just makes it all the more heart-wrenching and grim.
    Yamask has a very sad story too, though.

Back