• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen what should i do for my team

Years
    I have a bit of a tournament coming up thats just for GSC, this is the team i want to run
    tell me what you think and anything i should change

Forretress:
    spikes
    toxic
    rest
    explosion

typical forretress, rest is to annoy the hell out of the other guys while toxic and spikes wear them down, and lower PP until i can use explosion to take out any fire types swapped in against it

Gengar:
    Shadowball
    psychic
    destiny bond
    giga drain

special sweeper, shadowball takes care of any psychic swapped in and psychic takes down most none dark enemies, gigadrain for random coverage, and destiny bond as a last line od defence to maybe bring down an unsuspecting tyranitar

Tyranitar:
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    rockslide
    surf/ice beam

standard earthquake, crunch, rockslide, for psychics, steels, flying, ect. typical wall, surf/ice beam is for any ground types.

Blastoise:
    Ice beam
    surf
    earthquake
    rapid spin

i use icebeam alot, but its good so why not, earthquake is solid too, surf for any fire types and rapid spin to get rid of any spikes that show up.

Machamp:
    cross chop
    thunder punch
    fire punch
    thief

standard sweeper crosschop is mostly for enemy tyranitars, thunderpunch and fire are for any waters, steels ect. thief is in case it has to take down a psychic as a last ditch effort

Blissey:
    Softboiled
    seismic toss
    substitute
    thunder wave

blissey is a beast, substute takes 1/4 to use and softbloied heals 1/2, its almost unfair,
    thunderwave and seismic just wear away at them and piss them off.

Its kinda noobish i think, but its a start, i got lots of time, and its a small tourney with my friends, so any suggestions as to how i should raise these guys and what moves or pokemon should be changed

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    blissey doesnt need sub
    if it wants to block status it has heal bell

machamp should be a curser with vital throw and never use elemental punches on machamp in 1-3rd gen they are special

gengar shouldnt have shadow ball, use thunder or firepunch instead
    shadow ball if physical

blastoise might want rest

Years
    blissey doesnt need sub
    if it wants to block status it has heal bell

machamp should be a curser with vital throw and never use elemental punches on machamp in 1-3rd gen they are special

gengar shouldnt have shadow ball, use thunder or firepunch instead
    shadow ball if physical

blastoise might want rest
    Yeah, but im not much good at breeding moves around, let alone chain breeding heal bell into a blissey. the sub. is just as another way to make blissey a wall

thanks for the help on machamp, and i was thinking maybe blastoise should have rest, i can deal with spikes.and yeah, gengar could use a thunderbolt, thunder is too inaccurate for my taste

Back