• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what starter is best

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends

★soɹɹʎ` ıɯ ndsıpǝ poʍu :)★
    Years
    in your opinion, what generation of starters is best, then in your comment, say your fav. and why.
    you can base it on coolness, power, defense, speed, etc.
    DONT SAY "CUZ THEY'RE MY FAVORITE" cuz thats not a reason, its an opinion.
    i think first generation starters, cause their full evolutions have great power, and are unique from the others in the series.
    From them, i'd say charmander, because hes my favorite starter type: fire, along with his full evo.'s ability to fly, combined with strength rocks

Last edited:

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    1st generation for 2 reasons they look super cool and they do have higher stats than the rest i think correct me if im wrong

Foo Fighter

Even in the face of death...
    Years
    DONT SAY "CUZ THEY'RE MY FAVORITE" cuz thats not a reason, its a statement.

Isn't that an opinion?

I think that the 2nd generation types were best because,
    Tey WER MI FAVORITZZ!!!!111!!,

Actually I liked them because they didn't have any secondary types. I have this wierd thing where all my pokemon have to have different types or else I'll go insane and kill my starter.

NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends

★soɹɹʎ` ıɯ ndsıpǝ poʍu :)★
    Years
    Isn't that an opinion?

I think that the 2nd generation types were best because,
    Tey WER MI FAVORITZZ!!!!111!!,

Actually I liked them because they didn't have any secondary types. I have this wierd thing where all my pokemon have to have different types or else I'll go insane and kill my starter.
    im not sure which it is, too be honest :P
    and
    I have this wierd thing where all my pokemon have to have different types or else I'll go insane and kill my starter.
    pretty harsh, dontcha think :P

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    well since this is all opinion orintated then i would have to say totodile. why? if i remember correctly hes an attacker type.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    Cyndaquil because even at its final evolution its stays

a fire type it doesn't have two types

and cause he's a brock type pokemon

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I like Charmander cause it become charizard and Fire flying is a great combo i also like torterra because ground and grass is a good combo and cause thier my favorites Got a problem lump it

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    This whole thread is all opinions. :) I'd say Charmander who evolves into a strong Charizard wouild have to be the top one. Not only is it big and powerful, but he can glide pretty fast in the sky for his size. I'd also say Chikorita, not because its a favorite but people underestimate the grass type pokemon. Meganium and Bayleaf are pretty powerful in their own way with their grass attacks. Especially the wicked solarbeam a grass type moves strongest attack.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    I personally like Charmander, Charizard was a beast last generation with belly drum. But this generation it is definitely Chimchar, it evolves into Infernape, which has cool typing and a overall good Pokemon.

Alec_

Years
    I love the Johto Generations. 1st of all is Totodile 2nd is Cyndaquil and 3rd is Chikorita. They look cute and i think that their stats are much better than the other Generations. Also i like there skills rather than Hoenn Generation.

~Fairytales.

Reb

Bad Mood :X
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    i like the johto generation starters,especially totodile,cause he's a water type,He can learn Ice Punch and fury cutter,That can help you beat your rival easily in the earlier part of the game:D

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    DONT SAY "CUZ THEY'RE MY FAVORITE" cuz thats not a reason, its an opinion.
    Don't make a poor first post, either.

The first gen starters are worthless. Second gen's never grabbed me. Of third gen, I love Sceptile's speed, but it can't do enough else, IMO. I've made good use of Blaziken's Brave Bird, but, obviously, Infernape is superior. It shared its massive E-quake weakness with Empoleon, so Chimchar deserves the cake. The Round 4 Battle Frontier Infernape (which might be the same as Smogon's Lead Ape) is my favorite set in the game.

Ayselipera

The first and third generation starters are my favorite.
    Although the first generation beats out the third. Only
    because I liked all the first generation starters and I
    only liked two of the third generation starters.... Swampert:disappoin
    They were just cooler looking then the other two generations.

Andcetera

Jigglypuff~<333
    Years
    What is your favorite/best starter?
    Your asking for a opinion then...
    I like Totodile, BECUZ IT ISH MY FAVRIT.
    Nothing more really, Power and coolness?
    I think ill put into the cute catogory.

Last edited:

Ashi

The cupcake theif!
    Years
    Well, I do love the first generation of starters.. But favorites are Second gen. Which one of those? Cyndaquil. I'm not sure why, but to be honest I did the best in silver with a Cyndaquil than I have ever done in any game. Like completely beaten it, got everything, did this and that. And I've had such a huge affection for Cyndaquil after that. <3

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
    Years
    I loved the 4th generation pokemon. I liked them because whenever they fully evolved they were 2 different types. my favorite out of those was infernape because it had such high speed and attack. I always started with him :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back