• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What the...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croconaw

Herro dere :3 can i help youz?
    Years
    Every time i click Favorites and bring this site up, it says "Acsess Denied",and i havent even tried to log in yet, and underneath is where i can log in. Does this happen for everyone? This just now started today.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    I have PC Bookmarked and i don't have the issues you have i wish i could help

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    I think they have done it so guests can't view the forum due to the DDOS attacks. I guess it helps the server. However, all you need to do it is click 'Remember Me' and you'll already be logged in when you access the site and that message won't come up.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Dawg 2005 said:
    I think they have done it so guests can't view the forum due to the DDOS attacks. I guess it helps the server. However, all you need to do it is click 'Remember Me' and you'll already be logged in when you access the site and that message won't come up.
    yes.. it helps limit the mysql queries used by guests, which in turn allows more resourses for members..

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    PPNSteve said:
    yes.. it helps limit the mysql queries used by guests, which in turn allows more resourses for members..
    Mysql? I'll figure out what that is one day.

The server seems to be repairing it's self more quickly now.. that might just be me though.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Thats because PC is still semi-brokified. Thats probibly why you cant see some threds, or make some posts. As for the skin, well, thatll happen no matter what. some skins have problems with somethin or another, so just try to live with it, or get another skin ^^

Years
    You know some skins is more popular and used more so when lot of people use the same skin can slowdown a little

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    ...and what the frick does that have to do with anything, nick-xx? The topic was about guest viewing of PC being disabled. I'm getting sick of you spamming up CQ&F with your useless, mindless, pea-brained posts. Use your head for once. It does more than just sit on your shoulders and look pretty. >>

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    Lil Totodile said:
    Every time i click Favorites and bring this site up, it says "Acsess Denied",and i havent even tried to log in yet, and underneath is where i can log in. Does this happen for everyone? This just now started today.
    sorry for spam but i need 15 posts :S

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    PPNSteve said:

Everytime you refresh a page or make an HTTP request, the server has to query the mysql database. The mysql server only has so many simotaneous requests it can perform at the same time. If the server is constantly using all its connections, either from the effects of the DDOS or etc, "you" will never be able to complete a request; and if you do, it will usually be slow and take multiple times to get a page to show. Usually you will notice the server has all its connections/requests maxed when you start getting showthread.php served to you and sometimes will run across the error, too many connections on mysql database ..

When I spoke with Steve, he had said that 98% of the connections were being used from the DDOS. That only leaves about 30 or so simotaneous requests for us; as you can see why you could never load a page back then. I'd say that figure has dropped now, probably more in the 30-40% range; hence why sometimes you still can't load pages at peak times, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back