• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Things Should They Bring Back?

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
    There have been many beloved PokéExtras *as I call them*, in our games. You know, the things to do other than train Pokémon? The Bug Contest, for example. One of my favorites.

Of course there were other amazing features like the radio, and Time Machine.
    Which ones do you think they should bring back in Pokémon Generation 5?

I would love to see:
    - The Time Machine
    - The Radio
    - The Bug Contest
    - The Starter Cheat, in G/S/C

There are many more, but these are the ones I'd like to see.
    What about you?

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    - The Bug Contest was amazing fun, I'd love to see that again.
    - The SS Anne was a great training spot and fun to wander around.
    - The Radio was a great little extra, too.

Can't think of more, but I know they are in there.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    #1) All the PokeGear functions. It was the best device IMO, Cell phone, map, watch and radio? No contest!
    #2) Johto
    #3) Evil Rivals (Though a good Rival too, Ie. Have Silver & Kris in game)

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    The radio and the Bug-catching Contest would be awesome.
    I'd love it if they made more use of the daily events than they did in Gen 4 as well.

And I agree there should be a less friendly rival. I'm sick of them being all buddy-buddy. x_x A good rival is good because he's a jerkwad and you want to beat the stuffing out of him for it.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    A good rival is good because he's a jerkwad and you want to beat the stuffing out of him for it.

Words of wisdom.

My list:

1) Gold Version

2) Legendaries that were just legendary because they were bada$$, not because they embodies the spirit of something! Remember those?

3) Having two regions in one game.

That's all I can think of right now.

But the way pokemon is going, I'm really concerned...

I don't want a DPP spinoff-type thing..

Just bring some retro stuff back!

Drapion

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2009
    Yeah, bug catching would be great, with some of the newer pokemon :)

I'd like to see a harder elite four, like in red/blue, so most of the pokemon we have to face are between 60 and 70.

Like Mewtwo, a REALLY hard legendary to capture. Perhaps MUCH harder to get than mewtwo. Like maybe a cave which takes hours to get through to get to it. Now that would be great! (Or put a bidoof at the end of the cave to really annoy people XD) :)

Years
    #1: a Berserk Gene comeback as a hold item.
    #2: Bike switching. The Acro Bike is too sexy to be ignored.
    #3: Caves of 'stupid' complexity and size (Whirl Islands and Mt. Silver for example)
    #4: Like in Pikemon Crystal, the first encounter with the Daycare Dudes gets an Egg with a high chance of hatching 'shiny'
    #5: On infiltration of a Team Baddies building, traps & alarms that work like they did in Mohogany Town
    #6: strange 'gift' Pokemon with an exclusive move similar to Gal of Darkness' Togepi (Endeavor Eevee! *crosses fingers*)
    #7: an unavoidable story encounter with a 'shiny' Pokemon of demand
    #8: Pokéballs from apricorns.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Kurt's apricorn-made balls were one of my favorite additions in the second generation, so I'd love to see them make a comeback. I miss the Fast and Heavy Balls...

Kiitsune

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    People asking you for phone numbers and telling you where swarms of new pokemon are, if you just want to battle or giving you an item they've found.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    People asking you for phone numbers and telling you where swarms of new pokemon are, if you just want to battle or giving you an item they've found.

Oh yeah, the convenience of it all. Instead of having to go to one location, you can just get a free phone call.

I think the vs seeker wouldnt be bad if you didn't have to walk 100 steps just to use it again.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    Yeah, bug catching would be great, with some of the newer pokemon :)

I'd like to see a harder elite four, like in red/blue, so most of the pokemon we have to face are between 60 and 70.

Like Mewtwo, a REALLY hard legendary to capture. Perhaps MUCH harder to get than mewtwo. Like maybe a cave which takes hours to get through to get to it. Now that would be great! (Or put a bidoof at the end of the cave to really annoy people XD) :)

maybe a level 80 bidoof? i would like that, bidoof is awesome xD

Headbutting trees for a heracross. To hell with Honey trees.

EXACTLY. The honey tree's never have anything in them, well it seems like that D: Even though it was hard to find a heracross too even with headbutting... i spent like 4 days on silver trying to find one

Last edited:
    Back