• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What to do after you beat the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Sadly, I already beat Heartgold, and I don't feel like doing a re-run. So, my question is: what is there to do after you got all 16 badges and beat Red?

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    Walk around Johto. Catch all the legendaries you can. They're alot of them. Evolve/Train Pokemon. Build a dream team. Re-match Gym leaders. Trade with people on the forum. Get your Hoenn and Kanto starers. Etc.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Catch 'em all?

Uhhh, Legendaries, Battle Fronteir, Online battleing, Maxing your trainer card. Thats all I can think of.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    get kanto hoen starters
    rematch all the 16 gym leaders
    rematch people whos number you got
    do elite four again
    catch all legendarys

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
    Build a sweet team, battle improved Elite 4, Battle improved gym leaders, get new starters, get more of the legendarys, Pokathlon, Battle Frontier, Safari Zone, Catch 'em All, Shiny hunt, Voltorb flip, and many more.

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    If you want to actually beat the game you do this:
    Get all the Pokemon (Including pre-evolutions)
    Raise them to lv 100

Or
    Collect all the Events
    EV Pokemon

Years
    Pokedex,Wi-fi Dream Team for Battling and Pokeathlon,Safari Zone,Rematch Gym Leaders and E4,Daily and Weekly events,Upcoming Events From either wifi or gamestop,Battle Frontier,

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    that was quick. did you play it for 3 whole days straight or something?

IndigoPlateau

Captain of the Awesome Team
    Years
    I've always thought it would be insanely awesome to level all the Pokemon to 100. I think I'll try it in Blue or Yellow -- the easiest lol.

But yeah, just work on training your Pokemon. I noticed there aren't really good... you know, spots to train in. In Diamond I'd be like, "Alright, I got my level 1 *insert Pokemon* so I'm gonna go here, here, here, here, here, and then finish up here." In HeartGold I have no idea where to do what and it looks like there aren't many promising training spots.

They need a Resort/Battle/whatever-the-third-area was Area. I always did my level 40+ training in the Resort Area in Diamond.

Anyway, yeah. Train up and all that good stuff.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    xKamui alot of people beat the game i beat it a couple days ago and restarted and got to clair and restarted again...I really like the Pokethlon if thats spelled right...its fun

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Try the Unevolved Challenge. :D Or try re-do the game. Doing a Challenge for yourself..
    Like 1 type only.
    Baby Pokemon, anything like that.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    -Rematch Elite Four
    -Rematch Gym Leaders
    -Catch all Legendary Birds
    -Catch your counter bird (Lugia or Ho-oh)
    -Catch the three legendary dogs
    -If you have the Shiny Pichu or Gamestop Jirachi then transfer those and do their quest
    -Finish the Nat Dex (Have fun ;D)
    -Beat all Battle Brains 2 times at the Battle Frontier
    -Battle people online or trade with them
    -Try out the Wi-fi Plaza
    -And many more along with the Wi-Fi event on April 1st

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Shiny hunting! Though it is a bit harder in this game..
    Shiny hunting in HG/SS? o_o; Now that'll take forever.

Anyway, seeing as so many of the given suggestions are repetitions of either training, competing against the Battle Frontier, completing the PokéDex, and more I don't see a need for this to be kept open any longer. For any more questions, please do use the HG/SS Help Thread, thank you.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back