• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What too predictable?

Is the show why to predictable?

• Yes

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    In my opinion the Show is way too predictable.. they need to change it up more... who agrees?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Why do you realize this only now? But to the show's credit, they're doing a better job in Diamond and Pearl. So, I'll say no.

I think this will end up being a "bash the show" thread for some reason.

Roronoa Zolo

Three Sword Master
    Years
  • to answer you question. its a NO.
    Its not a help a random stranger, TR try to rob Pika. And get thier butt's blast-off fillers anymore. They actually, make use of the filler characters and use to them on mini-arcs which i say, is a improvement.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Why do you realize this only now? But to the show's credit, they're doing a better job in Diamond and Pearl. So, I'll say no.

I think this will end up being a "bash the show" thread for some reason.
    I didn't just realize this just now....

And if this does become a "bash the show" thread it wasn't intended so assuming it does become that it would be the person who first started the bashing's fault... and i don't think either of us are gonna bash the show correct?

Years
  • Sinnoh is less predictable than the previous sagas. However, the show is still quite predictable. Though there is now some diversity, there is not that much.

Personally, I would like for the main series to be like Pokemon Chronicles. It could focus on different characters per episode. I think this would greatly improve the show, since it would no longer be repetitive. Besides, who wants to see Ash in every episode? I do not. He is a lousy protagonist (well, I view him as such).

In addition to Ash's journey (I may not like him, but there are people who do. It would not be fair to them if he was written out of the show), I would like to see episodes that focus on Misty (I dislike her even more than Ash, but her fans deserve to see her), Gary, Ritchie, May, the gang at Professor Oak's lab, Kenta, Marina, and Jackson. I would also like to see episodes that center on Jessie, James, and Meowth when they are not trying to steal Pikachu. Furthermore, episodes that center on other characters a part of Team Rocket such as Giovanni, Butch, Cassidy, Bashou, Buson, Domino, and Sebastian would be great. They have very little depth and I would like to see their characters explored more. I would also like to see Jessie, James, and Meowth and Butch and Cassidy actually succeed in some episodes. Seeing them always fail got old very fast.

Last edited:

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
  • Pokemon is indeed kind of predictable, but if you put it into perspective of a lot of children's TV shows, it really isn't that much more predictable. Scooby-Doo, for example, has the same basic plot every episode: They chase down some monster who turns out to be a man in a mask that says "And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids and that dumb dog!"

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • Fact is, the old fans will be forgotten and the characters we knew and loved are now gone as new ones are being introduced to an audiance who had never seen them old characters and tv shows. Long sentance there, anyway. The fact is, we have to deal with it and hope they bring back Chronicles for however long of times. As I want to see how that kid in 'Journey To The Starting Line' is doing, he started with Bulbasaur as I recall.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • I think in some aspects the show will always have an air of slight predictability, but it seems to be getting better in Diamond and Pearl (I need to start watching that again *is only on episode 30 or so*)

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
  • Yes, the Pokémon animé is very predictable. Seriously, you could probably guess the outcome of an episode by the first four or five minutes. It's the worst with gym battles, though. You always know how they go down. But yeah, Diamond/Pearl has tried to break these trends up a little.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I think they've gotten better now than they were in the past.

Now sometimes I'm like 'Oh, yeah, Pikachu is going to do another Thunderbolt. Ah, nevermind. He used Iron Tail.'

Back