• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your experience like seeing Pokemon the first movie?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Which time? XD

The first time we saw it in the theaters was one of the first days it was out, so the theater was packed, and the waiting line rivaled that of the Twilight movies. I got the Mewtwo card, and it was my first Pokemon card ever, which I still have in my collection book to this day. My friend and I were 10 at the time, and we went to see it with my mom, and I.. wanna say our other friend Paul was there too. IT WAS GOOD TIMES, SO WHATEVER. Moving on.

Seeing the crowd reactions were some of the most amusing parts, especially towards the end where everyone was crying over the Ash death thing.

Pretty sure we went back to see it three or four more times before it hit VHS.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    When I first saw it I love it, as expected.

However, after watching it several times, I just don't think it's the best one out there. The nostalgia beer goggles really don't have much of an effect on me either, even though it was the first I saw. I mean, there's nothing really wrong with the movie, asides from Ash turning to stone but then getting magically brought back to life. Sure as a kid it's emotional, but when you really look at that scene, it's cliche and overall not that good.

In personal opinion, I think 2000, the 3rd movie, and 4 Ever were all superior to the first. (Okay maybe not 4 Ever, but definitely 2000 and the 3rd.) But that's not to say I think the 1st is bad, necessarily. I think that all of the Pokemon movies (at least the one's I've seen) aren't that bad. The only one I can say that I didn't enjoy at all was the Zoroark one. There might have been others I didn't like, but that one, the 13th I believe, is the only one that sticks out in my mind as one I didn't like.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    I absolutely loved it! I was 13 and saw it 3 times in theaters and had a blast! Getting the special Mew card was, of course, awesome. I was super stoked for it, one of the few movies I remember actively anticipating and wanting to go back to see again and again.

Even now I still really enjoy watching it.
    I got tears in my eyes the first time lol. When ask turned into stone I htink

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    It was good. The animation wasnt as clean as it is now, but it seemed to have a more movie feel about it. Special effects, music and a good storyline helped it allot.

Back