• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first shiny?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    My first shiny... ever? That would be that purple Diglett I ran into on my first playthrough of LeafGreen. I didn't know what it was and killed it. :(

The first I ever caught was a golden Pidgey. I evolved it into Pidgeotto and I lost it when I started a new game.

DeeOtter

Woah, what goes here...
    Years
    My first wild shiny was (just a few hours ago) a scatterbug.
    My first ever shiny was I believe given to me and it was a vullaby.

....and as I write this... I just encountered a shiny Flabebe.... that is two in one day. Holy crap, what?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    My first shiny was Wurmple that I encountered in Route 101, which I got when I was replaying Emerald several months ago, and I evolved it into a Dustox. I was surprised because I didn't quite expecting to got one.

Years
    A Shroomish in the Petalburg Woods on Sapphire was the first shiny Pokemon that I managed to catch. Funny thing- I don't even remember catching it, but I was looking through my boxes one day right before I was planning to restart Sapphire, when all of a sudden I came across that Shroomish. I eventually ended up training it all the way to a Breloom, where it currently resides on my HeartGold cartridge.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    All the way back on my first Silver I caught a shiny Donphan! I obviously don't have it anymore but I remember seeing it and being both very excited and happy even if I never got the chance to do anything with it if I even would have.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2017
    My first shiny was Paras from Pokemon Crystal, and has 5 or 6 shiny paras. lol
    It comes shiny Pokemon's in Crystal Version often night's. :O

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    In terms of capture Golbat in Pokemon Emerald in Sky Pillar(and first shiny I saw in the wild).
    Actual first Pokemon shiny was a Magby that hatched from the Pokemon egg the daycare give, this was in Pokemon Crystal for me.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    The first shiny Pokemon I encountered was by Pokeradar in Diamond, a Cubone. I did know about the existence of shinies, but nothing more.
    Furthermore I encountered a shiny Meditite in a random encounter in a hack, but because it was a hack I kept it in there even after finishing the game.

Years
    I found a shiny Whismur in Emerald. It seriously made my day. Although shiny whismurs don't look that cool, especially when they become Explouds. The experience was nice though.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    In HG I came across a shiny Pidgeot randomly when I was just heading from city to city. I freaked out, but still caught it, and it's still on that cartridge. Wish I could move it but I no longer have a 2nd DS to move it :/

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    My first ever shiny (which I caught too) was a shiny Swinub in Pokemon Gold. I never knew about shiy Pokemon so I thought it was a glitch or something. I still caught it anyway, luckily!

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    A shiny ratata in fire red, I caught it at route one, well it was when I was returning to give oak's parcel in the game, I got it when I was playing it 4the time.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    My first shiny was a shiny Wingull on Sapphire version on Route 117 or whatever the DayCare is on. This was post game and sadly I couldn't trade him up, so I just trained him on there. Later on, I started up a Gold version and eventually found an Abra outside of Goldenrod. It fled, but I really wanted an Abra, so I went to look for another and found a shiny Nidoran F. She was most definatly used on that team. I've also found many shines in hack games(chinchu in Dark Rising, Surskit on my main team in Reign of Legends, Rattata on my team in Dark Energy(first encounter o_O didn't know it has boosted shiny encounters. XD), and Machop on Rescue Rangers WHICH OF COURSE I HAD NO POKEBALLS ON) but as you said hacks don't count.

Currently I'm trying to Masuda breed a Marill in Y, so sorry if get wonder traded a level one marill from Al. :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    My first and only shiny pokemon in 15 years was on pokemon crystal. It was a shiny Graveler n_n
    I caught it in the victory road cave :)

I must say that I'm quite unlucky with shinies. My brother encountered over 20 so far, of which two right after eachother xD
    My rival even had a shiny starter once, in pokemon sapphire o_o
    And I once encountered a shiny ratata in LeafGreen before I had my pokeballs T^T

Years
    Cacnea was my first shiny, in Ruby many years back. I loved it to death! He evolved and quickly became the strongest member of my team. <3

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    My first shiny was Electrike in Ruby. After that, I caught a Geodude in Leaf Green, a Gloom in Diamond, a Spearow in Heart Gold and a Swellow in White. The strange thing is that I haven't seen one in Y or AS yet (I'm not including event or story-linked shinies, like the Red Gyarados or the Silver Beldum, or shinies obtained trading)

Years
    My first shiny was on Y. I was new to IV breeding at the time so I was gonna see if I could get a 5/6iv aegislash. Well, 2 U.S. parents later (yeah. 2 U.S. PARENTS), a shiny honedge pops out with 4ivs. I must say that is my first shiny and my proudest accomplishment in pokemon. I don't think I can ever trade him away at this point :P

Back