• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first wild pokemon encounter?

ShadowTsuki

Wanderer
Years
  • Sentret in Pokemon Silver i got for my Graduation present my 4th grade year XD. I just now had to replace its battery...Sigh all my data *cries*

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    I think it was either Pidgey or Rattata back in Pokemon Blue. I really don't remember. It may have been Rattata.

In Gold, I think it was Pidgey.

Emerald, may have been Wurmple or Zigzagoon.

Pokemon White, Lilipup.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • I think the 1st Pokemon I encountered was a Rattata in Red. I didn't own the game though. IIRC the 1st encounter in my own game was either a Rattata or a Hoothoot in Pokemon Crystal. It was in Route 29 (nighttime).

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • First encounter EVER!
    Ratata. (Blue Version) <- GBC 199x, where x is the year pokemon blue was released in US.

(Oh god, I'm old. ._.)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL, IT WAS LIKE 10 YEARS AGO.

Although its impossible to tell, its definitely either Ratata or Pidgey on Red. Yea, thats like the first wild pokemon everybody will encounter unless you are so lucky to get through there all the way until you reach Vidrain forest. I know, thats a lot of crap. But please read it. :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Pidgey and/or Rattata. My memory is like a huuuuuuuuuuuuge seive, so when it comes to trivial details like these I have no idea... but I believe there were only two critters on Route 1 in Kanto in Gen I, so my first wild Pokemon encounter would have to have been one of those. I was probably very excited at the time, being 8-years-old and all, but the memory hasn't been ingrained into my subconscious, unfortunately.

Silence Rewritten

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • Red was Rattata
    Silver was Sentret
    Sapphire was Zigzagoon
    Platinum was Starly
    White was Lillipup

^^ The remakes for Silver and Blue had the same outcomes as the original.

Back