• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What was your most OMGWTF moment in B/R/Y

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    It's the glitch "a" that I had on my GB cartridge. I had a solid team of glitch Pokémon obtained via "Ditto Trick". I was a great glitch hunter with my cousin. One day while experimenting after being poisoned, we were being healed at the Pokémon Center. It showed Poke balls and glitch blocks all over the screen. The screen turned white, and without touching anything, we could hear the menu open and save the game by itself. After turning off the game, the file was corrupted. Curse you, A!

Before those events, we enabled the Charizard M' glitch and beat the Elite Four and Champion. Even though we had glitch Pokémon, The Hall of Fame showed a Raichu in color!

hate1212

Pokemon Breeder(Since)1998 red
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    ;D

Lol I remember when e and my sis 1st got when i was 5 We Got a Charmander And we went Through like half the Game without catching a Pokemon cause we did'nt know how to Till when morning She woke me Up and she caught mewoth and other pokemon because she finally went back and talk to that guy in That road But we had a beast charizard by then But I remember When i was playing I got a MagiKarp and i was bout to cry becasue I though it would never Evo But my sister told me to never give up Then BAMMM iT DID

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    Going through mt moon without flash and coming out with a level 40 blastoise rofl.

Good sir, you don't need FLASH to get through MT. MOON last time I checked. That is a cave that doesn't require that HM. Perhaps you're referring to DARK CAVE outside of LAVENDER TOWN? But still, dayuum!

Meh, I'm thinking about 2 weeks ago. I had just beaten the game for like the bajillionth time, and then I go to turn it on the next day and the save is gone! I save a new save, and sure it loads just fine! I was going to import my Pokes into the original Silver.

Sero

私はセクシーです
    Years
    I caught a Metapod in the Viridian Forest. I thought that Harden would win me the battle. I used up the PP and was low on HP. I used struggle on his Geodude and Metapod fainted.

Amilyia

.:~*Amilyia*~:.
    Years
    I think everyone will agree on this one and that everyone's wtf moment is when ever you walk through a cave and Zubat pops up.

Years
    my first moment of confusion came when i tried to get through the ghost tower on my cousin's save, and i never knew about the silph scope at the time, so i kept on struggling my way up to Marowak, only to always have to run.

I once got my hitmonchan to transform into my pikachu once, when I battled a ditto once (or twice) when i cloned the metronome TM.
    my other startling moments were pretty much missingno related, cloning my first set of master balls, TMs, Rare Candies etc, but the most startling one was encountering pokemon that were overclocked on their levels... and were able to be caught too! i caught a Lv 242 Rapidash with 480someting HP.... only for it to level "up" to Level 100, throwing half its stats in the can! I don't consider it my first level 100 tho, at least not a normal one (that honor goes to my saphire starter, Blaziken)

Years
    I was about... 9-ish when this happened on Red Version...

I just taught my Charmeleon Rage. It was my first play-through. Of course, Rage back in the day went on continuously. All I remember was having my accuracy so low, every single Rage attack towards a trainer's Oddish missed. After 10+ minutes, Charmeleon died. All it did was Absorb me into oblivion.

Needless to say, I also "learned" Rage right after.

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
    I think everyone will agree on this one and that everyone's wtf moment is when ever you walk through a cave and Zubat pops up.

I agree. Seriously, Zubat and it's evolutions appear in every damn cave in every region (Besides the Pokemon ranger regions). When I played Pokemon when I was 8, I complained that every time I stepped into a cave, a stupid Zubat appears. Dx

_____

A while ago, after screwing around with my screwed English-translated Green Version, this was WTF worthy.

I have no idea how the heck this happened, but it was funny to me at the time.

Glitchy Chamander used Huffel Shoffel! (Something along those lines. And yes, my Chamander was glitchy after screwing around with it)

`Espeon goes WTF!
    `Espeon facepalmed!

Last edited:
    Years

I agree. Seriously, Zubat and it's evolutions appear in every damn cave in every region (Besides the Pokemon ranger regions). When I played Pokemon when I was 8, I complained that every time I stepped into a cave, a stupid Zubat appears. Dx

_____

A while ago, after screwing around with my screwed English-translated Green Version, this was WTF worthy.

I have no idea how the heck this happened, but it was funny to me at the time.

Glitchy Chamander used Huffel Shoffel! (Something along those lines. And yes, my Chamander was glitchy after screwing around with it)

`Espeon goes WTF!
    `Espeon facepalmed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rid9oUJ5iJM

That one? Engrish FTW. XD

"Im doing the study of this PET. That is all."

I thought it was Pocket Monsters, not PET!

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rid9oUJ5iJM

That one? Engrish FTW. XD

"Im doing the study of this PET. That is all."

I thought it was Pocket Monsters, not PET!

Yep, that how my game looks like. Whoever translated that failed epically. xD

I think I remember now, I was trying to do the Dokokashira door glitch and used the glitched pokemon in battle. Then I commanded it to attack. It used Huffel Shoffle! xD

adamskillz

Trainer to the STARS!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    i had yellow when i was 5 and only trained a nidoking. i didnt understand that the legendary birds were special so i KO'd all three. i also had always wanted a dugtrio in the diglett cave so i used my masterball on one

UmbreonUniverse

ブラッキー
    Years
    I was young my first pokemon game EVER!! and i had yellow I played it over and over and over so when I was finished with my game i turned it off i turned it back on and it said new game so I was like
    what -_- so then I was looking through my options Pokedex pokemon bag ... save... I pressed the A and it said saveing data and I was like .... ok ... but then I turned off and then on I saw continue and
    I was like wha? and I still had my level 8 pikachu I was going crazy and jumping every ware but then I took out my game and slammed it to the groud cuz i waz so happy and it broke in half but
    my brother super glued it back to gether and it was all fine...good days goood days... :)

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    @ Umbreon: I'm beginning to wonder if this might be a common glitch with Yellow...

I still like a fan video I saw, of a Zubat randomly appearing, so the trainer get's his Gyarados to use Hyper Beam. He misses, and then he starts to destroy. Zubat uses berry and heals full. Trainer gets pizzed and pulls out an M-16.

Freydan

Mystery Woman
    Years
    My very first WTF moment was probably seeing my Hall of Fame after using the Missingno glitch... man was that messed up. It had some freaky music and all.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    Besides the Missingno glitch?
    Threw a regular old Pokeball at Zapdos by accident, and caught it.
    HP was low, but it would have been in orange in today's color games.
    I was like.......AHHHHHYEUSSSSSSSSSS.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Getting stuck between Blaine's gym and that stupid girl who walks in front of the door. >.<

For the longest time I couldn't figure out how to get *in* to that stupid gym, the whole looking-at-statues thing to find switches to open barriers just didn't occur to me.

Back