• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What were you're Favorite and least Favorite things about DPP

ivanedu

exxpierienced /master trainer
    Years
    well i didnt like all the secrets it has like shamin darkray and you know they dont get tierd of making new god pokemon im like hey hold your horses i mean the original one is mew and lugia and them then darkray,,then arceus you get what I mean huh ??

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Good: 3D, WiFi, Great Quality
    Bad: Can't connect to Non-WiFi networks(but that's more the DS's fault... I don't have WiFi :( ), the Music, Some of the Attack Animations looks ugly(Signal Beam, Screech, Psychic), Surf is 3-Target(makes it less usable than in G3), Very Slow, Makes too much animations on the First turn of Fly

LugiaInfinity

Legendary Shadow Chaos Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2009
    LIKE:

• Some new Pokemon
    • The story line is alright
    • Some new moves
    • The new way to do contests is alright
    • Cynthia: The best Champion yet.

DISLIKE:

• Some new Pokemon
    • TWO fire types... ._.
    • Surfing speed (Apparently it's fixed in Platinum)
    • It appeared as if they struggled for new species.. Evolving most others was also a waste because they made some of them look ugly. For example: Probopass.. *'nuff said*

And others I'm not thinking of

WANT(ED):

• To be able to go to Jhoto or maybe even a LITTLE more Jhoto reference

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    well i didnt like all the secrets it has like shamin darkray and you know they dont get tierd of making new god pokemon im like hey hold your horses i mean the original one is mew and lugia and them then darkray,,then arceus you get what I mean huh ??
    What? Arceus is said to be the god pokemon (not confirmed), Mew is said to be the original one, Lugia and Darkrai have nothing to do with them.

Poke_licious

Ready to Rise
    Years
    I liked the enhanced graphics and using the dual screens ( I heard that there is even more of that in pokemon platinum).

I didn't like how you had to go ALL the way back to get gible, or the fog, or that FREAKIN SNOW!!!!

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    My most favorite thing was the GTS. My least favorite thing was the snail paced surfing. That was frustrating.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Dislikes:

- Same bloody storyline as the last three games. Come on, where's the imagination?
    - Awful and exessive legendaries. (did we really need Manaphy/Cresselia/Darkrai/Shaymin/etc?)
    - Excessive evolutions from old pokemon - Who was smoking what when they decided to put Probopass in?
    - TWO fire pokemon. And fire's the best damn type as well.
    - Same bloody starters as the last three games. I mean, I love water/grass/fire but how cool would dark/fighting/psychic be?
    - The first gym being rock again. Am I the only one who's noticed how irrational it is for the first gym to be absolutely annihalated by two of the starters and the other not stand a chance?
    - Surfing.

- Music and graphics.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2009
    lack of water totally sucked
    Team Galatic was the worst group of villains ever seriosuly gay outfit. Team Aqua and Team Magma were like thugs who had SECRET bases that weren't in the middle of ****ing towns I.E eterna, veilstone, anyone could go in there and see what was going on.

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
    I'm sorry but this game was just bland to me, i really hate when it's just 8 badges, the elite four then you're done, it would be fine but the game has so little to offer, very very boring... It's like if they tried to remake Yellow versions very boring gameplay. (sorry to Yellow lovers) The pokemon were boring, the world was boring.. this game dissapoints me. For someone looking for a good single player experience this generation jsut epicly failed IMO.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2009
    I didn't do enough surfing to really start to dislike it, but one of the things that made me mad was the MARSH AND SNOW.. RAWR..

I did like Wifi and the Pal Park :D

Back