• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will the HGSS series be about?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. Look at this:
    What will the HGSS series be about?

This could be proof of Johto series involving May's journey through Johto.

That picture was made years ago on Serebii forums haha

Years
  • Sometimes, it's better to be on the outside looking in, no?

I heard you can't even lift your walker . . . .

Well, I suppose that's true. I'm grateful I'm no longer part of the active fandom, anyway. It's easier to point and laugh at the idjits.

You heard wrong. Besides, I updated. I now have a scooter that shoots death rays.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Well, I suppose that's true. I'm grateful I'm no longer part of the active fandom, anyway. It's easier to point and laugh at the idjits.

You heard wrong. Besides, I updated. I now have a scooter that shoots death rays.

You're implying something there. The fandom seems to be getting pretty sad. Trying and hoping that people and Pokémon come back. Then you have to go and tell them to shut up since they look desparate. I'll join you someday. Maybe.

You upgrade fast for an old timing war veteran.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    You're acting like you know there's going to be a series about it. . More than likely, there won't be an HGSS series in the main Pokémon anime. They may make a side-story about it, though, with Jimmy and Soul. .​

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • You're acting like you know there's going to be a series about it. . More than likely, there won't be an HGSS series in the main Pokémon anime. They may make a side-story about it, though, with Jimmy and Soul. .​

I totally forgot about the side series for FireRed and LeafGreen. Thanks for reminding me.

Anyway, it's a Johto remake like FireRed and LeafGreen were Kanto remakes. It's obvious what's going to happen with Johto, no?

Years
  • You're implying something there. The fandom seems to be getting pretty sad. Trying and hoping that people and Pokémon come back. Then you have to go and tell them to shut up since they look desparate. I'll join you someday. Maybe.

You upgrade fast for an old timing war veteran.

I suppose I'm implying on how detached the years can make you, as a fan. A couple of years, I was very attached to the series/fandom/whatnot. I think it's setting, as I liked the early 2000's setting more than I do now. That, and, yes, I think the fandom does try to grasp at straws, as you said on the popularity.

Yes, well, the 80's children had the Cold War to play with, so we had to upgrade to keep up with the Russians. Heh.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I suppose I'm implying on how detached the years can make you, as a fan. A couple of years, I was very attached to the series/fandom/whatnot. I think it's setting, as I liked the early 2000's setting more than I do now. That, and, yes, I think the fandom does try to grasp at straws, as you said on the popularity.

Yes, well, the 80's children had the Cold War to play with, so we had to upgrade to keep up with the Russians. Heh.
    It may not be the setting as much as the characters. Back then, the characters, the show as a whole maybe, were less serious than now. Back in Kanto and Johto, it was mainly comedy unlike today where comedy is replaced by action and drama. I guess.

Does that mean we have to downgrade since we're fighting terrorist that are using technology we gave them when Russia invaded Afghanistan? Allegedly.

Years
  • It may not be the setting as much as the characters. Back then, the characters, the show as a whole maybe, were less serious than now. Back in Kanto and Johto, it was mainly comedy unlike today where comedy is replaced by action and drama. I guess.

Does that mean we have to downgrade since we're fighting terrorist that are using technology we gave them when Russia invaded Afghanistan? Allegedly.

Well, I meant it as a more franchise feeling. The anime, I dunno. I think it's still trying to find its niche, as I've always wanted more action/drama. I think the lack of seriousness got to me, then when the series is starting to become serious ish, I'm not sure how to go about it. Shrugs. It is what it is.

Probably. If you want an actual reply from me on that, go bug my profile. Heh. Political wankery goes better there, anyway.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Well, I meant it as a more franchise feeling. The anime, I dunno. I think it's still trying to find its niche, as I've always wanted more action/drama. I think the lack of seriousness got to me, then when the series is starting to become serious ish, I'm not sure how to go about it. Shrugs. It is what it is.

Probably. If you want an actual reply from me on that, go bug my profile. Heh. Political wankery goes better there, anyway.

It could be the new-ness factor, or perhaps old-ness factor now, then. Back when you were still young, the franchise was still in its prime. At the very least, it was just beginning to decline in popularity. Everyone was like "Oh my Gosh! Cute monsters fighting each other. It looks like fun! Buy now!" These days it's more like "Oh look, another Pokémon game. I might buy it, maybe when the price goes down." The more rabid fans can now be found drooling over a remake for whatever reason. It happens to everyone at some point.

I'm not a political person to begin with. I just wanted to seem smart.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Maybe it will be about Jimmy's (Gold's) Adventure threw Johto with Marina (Kris), Vincent, Soul, and Silver.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • I guess they could try to make one episode in the Pokemon Chronicles about the Johto trio, since they did get a lot of attention when they made an appearance. I'm sure that would make a lot of fans happy. :D

The first question here, I think, is whether or not the title of the current season (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl) also indirectly extends to Platinum, which, based on Handsome/Looker and Rotom's appearances, it seems to. If this is the case, then an HG/SS saga would be likely. I'm not entirely sure, though, since we haven't even gotten to the TG showdown vs. Ash and co, so I could be wrong. If they did, then as someone said earlier, it would make more sense for the writers to learn from their past mistakes and replace Dawn with this new girl, although I highly doubt they will. Besides, I really don't want to see the anime waste another 5 episodes trying to introduce another newbie coordinator, which this new girl would no doubt be based on the current female pattern.

Anyway, even if they do get to an HG/SS arc, it'll depend on whatever new feature the games will bring, and whether or not they'll finish the Platinum BF.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    I'm still not convinced it's certain that they'll go back to Johto to begin with after Sinnoh League is over even though it'll work perfectly advertise HGSS in terms of timeline. Even if they do go back to Johto, I predict they might have them do something else there instead of another Battle Frontier. Ash won a BF already, so I don't see the writers pitting to compete in another BF, unless they add a totally different twist to it.

As for the HGSS girl, she will very likely not join the party to replace Dawn. Dawn will most likely remain for the remainder of Generation 4 at least. Most HGSS girl will get from is probably an apperance for a few episdoes.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I think he will go to the battle zone like some one above said final Frontier will be on top of stark mountain then he will go back to jhoto for another reason but it will have nothing to do with may because if she is still at jhoto by the time dawn and ash go there she is pathetic

Back