• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What would you change about pokemon Dimond/Pearl/Platinum

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    I would completely revamp the underground.

The first time I played through Diamond and went to the underground, it was the neatest thing ever. I loved the secret bases in R/S/E and I thought it was very cool for Nintendo to put that concept into a system of tunnels under Sinnoh.

The next day, I was completely disappointed to find that all you can do is poke the wall for spheres which you have to let sit in the ground for a week before you can buy one use traps and a limited list of furniture for your base.

And capture the flag is just silly, both players run at the same speed so of course the person capturing is going to win unless it lags which it usually does. When me and someone else play in the underground, our bases are usually very far apart or not connected so it takes a full nminute of just running to make it there. And then guess what, I get to do it 49 more times. woot! And when bases are not in connected parts of the underground, it is impossible to play at all.

I was very disappointed at what Nintendo turned such a great feature from gen 3 into.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would completely revamp the underground.

The first time I played through Diamond and went to the underground, it was the neatest thing ever. I loved the secret bases in R/S/E and I thought it was very cool for Nintendo to put that concept into a system of tunnels under Sinnoh.

The next day, I was completely disappointed to find that all you can do is poke the wall for spheres which you have to let sit in the ground for a week before you can buy one use traps and a limited list of furniture for your base.

And capture the flag is just gay, both players run at the same speed so of course the person capturing is going to win unless it lags which it usually does. When me and someone else play in the underground, our bases are usually very far apart or not connected so it takes a full nminute of just running to make it there. And then guess what, I get to do it 49 more times. woot! And when bases are not in connected parts of the underground, it is impossible to play at all.

I was very disappointed at what Nintendo turned such a great feature from gen 3 into.

^ This. I don't dislike the "Capture the Flag" game as you can put traps outside of your Secret Base to make it harder for your friend to capture your flag, but I do wish the Underground worked through Wi-Fi. It's kind of hard to capture someone's flag to get Spiritomb just through friends; as maybe someone you know doesn't like pokémon or doesn't have Diamond, Pearl or Platinum yet. However, if you have Wi-Fi, then you could get to do the game with people from all over the world and it would be easier to do it that way as well.

First of all I'd make Cynthia MUCH more harder just to annoy the hell out of everyone.
    ^Just kidding about that.;) But really, I wish she was more harder. I just like challenges.

Second, I'd make an evolution of Pachirisu, get rid of bidoof (they're getting really annoying), and make a new plot after beating the Elite Four. I mean it gets boring even with the Battle Tower. The new plot should be another world domination plan or the Galactic teams up with rocket or something.

Since Bidoof was just released in DPPt, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be necassary to remove them from the game. Just like Zigzagoon's in R/S/E, Bidoof's took their position to be the VERY common pokémon during the beginning.

Having a new plot in the game after you have beaten the Elite Four would be nice, though for me, I'd like to see more improvements in the contests. As many have said, having contests like the pokémon anime would be a sight to see.

aka_Pyro

PKMN Trainer
    Years
    I'd like to see all the HM's become...passive skills....like...as long as you've picked them up..ALL water pokemon can use it without taking up valuable move set space xD Because...well pretty much all of the moves are USELESS and FORCE you to carry a couple HM slaves around...which is especially annoying if you run into your rival and don't have your full team. I wish they made the battle frontier work like gyms but with unavoidable trainers .o.
    Less legendaries....I think they're useless...
    I just don't like using such a cheap pokemon...it kind of takes the fun out of leveling a pokemon up when it's overpowered like that.

That would be a welcome change. It wouldn't be as weird as Pokemon stat increases when you obtain gym badges, which do take place. It would also be interesting to see grass Pokemon in your party have an effect on how berries grow and are harvested. Speaking of easy solutions, in Pokemon Colosseum for the GameCube, there were no HMs at all. That was because all the travelling in the game was walking through doors and selecting cities to ride to.

Although it is handy that moves like Teleport and Dig can be substitutes for items like the Escape Rope, those moves really don't serve as much of a purpose in battle, with the exception of Fly. It would be also interesting to see more moves that have a special effect on Pokemon using moves such as fly and dig, e.g. Twister, Gust, and Earthquake.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    If I changed Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Pearl, and Pokemon Platinum I would.

WILD POKEMON:
    - Change the evolutions to their proper status [if a level 26 Geodude appears, it should be a Graveler]

POKEMON GYM LEADERS:
    - Change Roark's Pokemon to level 15: Onix, Geodude, and Cranidos.
    - Change Gardenia's Pokemon to level 20: Grotle, Cherubi, and Roserade.
    - Change Fantina's Pokemon to level 25: Duskull, Haunter, and Mismagius.
    - Change Maylene's Pokemon to level 30: Meditite, Machoke, and Lucario.
    - Change Wake's Pokemon to level 35: Gyarados, Quagsire, and Floatzel.
    - Change Byron's Pokemon to level 40: Magnezone, Steelix, and Bastiodon.
    - Change Volkner's Pokemon to level 45: Jolteon, Raichu, Luxray, and Electivire.

POKEMON ELITE FOUR:
    - Change Aaron's Pokemon to level 50: Yanmega, Scizor, Vespiquen, Heracross, and Drapion.
    - Change Bertha's Pokemon to level 55: Whiscash, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Golem, and Rhyperior.
    - Change Flint's Pokemon to level 60: Houndoom, Flareon, Rapidash, Infernape, Magmortar.
    - Change Cynthia's Pokemon to level 65: Spiritomb, Roserade, Togekiss, Lucario, Milotic, Garchomp.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Why isn't anyone saying lack of cool dragon types !!! In D/P/Pt, Sure they fixed in Pt but there was only 4 Dragon pokemons before national dex! ( unlike in hoenn which had 6 different dragon pokemon)

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Have more moves available to certain Pokemon. Such as Shadow Punch for Hitmonchan, Stone Edge for Scizor and Dark Pulse for Victreebel.

Some other improvements could be:
    • Make TM's in the Fight Area be cheaper in BP.
    • More side quests.
    • More Fire Pokemon.
    • Get rid of all HM's- except have Fly, Surf and Waterfall as TM's that can be purchased somewhere.
    • Instead of needing to pay shards for moves, use money instead.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Why isn't anyone saying lack of cool dragon types !!! In D/P/Pt, Sure they fixed in Pt but there was only 4 Dragon pokemons before national dex! ( unlike in hoenn which had 6 different dragon pokemon)

and what about the "all migthy dragon trainers"??? they are like 4 or 5 and the pokemons that they have are gyarados and seadra´s, come onwhere are the salamence and dragonite? i love to fight these guys

What would you change about pokemon Dimond/Pearl/Platinum

Ace~Sasaki

I'm no match for you...
    Years
    Forgive me if this has been said already, But what is wrong with the Frontier? It doesn't add pages to your pokedex. I mean, do u see them? yes. Just like any other encounter it should be added...Yup that's it :t109:

Back