• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen what would you rather choose-diamon/pearl?

Which do you want: Diamond or Pearl?

• Diamond

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Both

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I prefer Pokémon Diamond for my obbessesion with blue and ice. XD

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    well, i like both games and since i can only get one, i would flip a coin or something if i dont know. i just follow my own heart and that's what im gonna do when i go in aprill 22nd and when i get the game, flip a coin!

Years
    I chose Diamond, at first I had chose Pearl, but I only chose it for the legendary pokemon (I love water pokemon), but I decided to try and instead have/try to get the steel legendary Pokemon.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I'm getting both, but before I knew I could get both, I was getting pearl for the version exclusives, which I liked better =P

Years
    ltr_17, I can add a poll if you still want it.

I'm choosing Pearl, but not because I like Palkia or the version exclusive Pokémon; to be honest, I don't know the 4th-gen right now, so it doesn't matter. The reason I'm choosing Pearl is because Pearl is my middle name. No, really, it is. XD
    Why get Diamond when Pearl has a closer connection to me? It was the same reason I chose Sapphire over Ruby. Sapphire is my birthstone, so it had a connection to me, unlike Ruby.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    I'm probably going to get Diamond. Not only that I find Palkia a bit too weird looking, but Diamond also has most of my favourite Pokémon in it, or at least the ones I need in oder to get my favourite Pokémon. XD *coughScythercough*
    And with the GTS and GBA compatibility, there shouldn't be much trouble in obtaining the opposite version's exclusives.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2007
    Diamond. My reasons are with what Scizz stated above.

I'm also eagerly anticipating for the third special edition of the D/P generation.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    I chose Pearl simply because most people are getting diamond

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    ltr_17, I can add a poll if you still want it.

I'm choosing Pearl, but not because I like Palkia or the version exclusive Pokémon; to be honest, I don't know the 4th-gen right now, so it doesn't matter. The reason I'm choosing Pearl is because Pearl is my middle name. No, really, it is. XD
    Why get Diamond when Pearl has a closer connection to me? It was the same reason I chose Sapphire over Ruby. Sapphire is my birthstone, so it had a connection to me, unlike Ruby.

add a pole then :) umm.. please :P lol

Years
    add a pole then :) umm.. please :P lol

There, I added it. And you're welcome. ^^

If you need help making a poll thread, just PM me and I'd be glad to show you how to do it yourself. =)

...I still want Pearl. XD *shot*

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    I chose Pearl simply because most people are getting diamond

yea, this is the first time I'm buying the more popular version, although my choices never had anything to do with popularity. I chose blue and sapphire because I like blue more than red, and I got both silver & gold as christmas gifts (one from my parents and one from my grandmother) and I lost gold XP

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    I'd rather get Diamond, even though I bought Pearl first (Imported in December). Why...

I was originally planning to import Diamond, but i'd rather get Diamond's full experience. But I had A strong desire to import. So I thought "What the hey" and imported Pearl.

But..yeah, i'd rather get Diamond because of Larvitar and Dialga :p

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    i'd say pearl...not only cuz of dialga's wierd anti-tail, (the fan above his tail) but also cuz i like mime Jr. `_' i lik beduse too. cuz of sudowood. but i think i'll try and get my mind off of sudowood and try something else. also cuz of aron. love aggron. (aron evolves to lairon then goes aggron) i also love tyranitar for diamond, but i'll pass him. and also pearl cuz of seedot for shiftry. palkia looks simply...sick! and i mean the awesome way

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    You can get both Mr Mine and Sudowoodo in both games, it's like this though:

Diamond: Bonsly, Common
    Mime Jnr, Uncommon

Pearl: Bonsly, Uncommon
    Mime Jnr, Uncommon

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    You can get both Mr Mine and Sudowoodo in both games, it's like this though:

Diamond: Bonsly, Common
    Mime Jnr, Uncommon

Pearl: Bonsly, Uncommon
    Mime Jnr, Uncommon
    YEH YEH WHATEVER HIS NAME IS, BONSLY, BADUSE, BLATOH SAME THING! lol just kidding

yeh like that, but there ARE ones that you can get in one game or the other and in pairs, example:

dialga:diamond only (DUH)

palkia:pearl only (DUH)

aron:pearl only
    larvitar:diamond only

magikarp:diamond only
    feebas:pearl only

lotad:diamond only
    seedot:pearl only

pinsir:diamond only
    scyther:pearl only

caterpie:diamond only
    weedle:pearl only

etc.etc. there are alot more, that's some of them. get the picture?

Back