• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen what would you rather choose-diamon/pearl?

Which do you want: Diamond or Pearl?

• Diamond

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Both

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I am going to get both ;D But I am most likely going to get one before the other. So I am gonna chose Pearl first and then get Diamond as soon as possible

Pichu52

Team Aqua Member
    Years
    I'm getting pearl. Okay, so Palkia is kind of freaky and the noise it makes is extremely annoying but I don't use legendaries in my teams anyway. Plus Palkia is part water and I like water type Pokemon. I really like the version exclusives better like Misdreavus...=P.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I'm getting pearl, just because it's less popular than diamond and needs some love. XD Also, Palkia is in it, Palkia owns, *coughnoweaknessescough*

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2007
    I want to get Diamond, but for completely different reasons than everyone else. Since the beginning, I have gotten the version in each generation that comes first when most people talk about it (R/B/Y, G/S, R/S, D/P). I have Red (I got Blue and Yellow later though), Gold, Ruby, and if I can somehow acquire a DS, I'll get Diamond. :)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Diamond sounds more cool, name wise, but I'd rather get Pearl.
    I reserved it today and got one of those little Palkia thingies... You know..the DS sticks... the name fails me right now. D:
    But its so cute. xD

But I like Dialga better, thus I'm getting Pearl.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Diamond sounds more cool, name wise, but I'd rather get Pearl.
    I reserved it today and got one of those little Palkia thingies... You know..the DS sticks... the name fails me right now. D:
    But its so cute. xD

But I like Dialga better, thus I'm getting Pearl.

...you mean you're getting Diamond, then. XD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I want to get Diamond, but for completely different reasons than everyone else. Since the beginning, I have gotten the version in each generation that comes first when most people talk about it (R/B/Y, G/S, R/S, D/P). I have Red (I got Blue and Yellow later though), Gold, Ruby, and if I can somehow acquire a DS, I'll get Diamond. :)

That's kind of the same reason as me! First I picked Red (1st) then Silver (2nd), Emerald (3rd), LeafGreen (2nd) so now its time to get the first again.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2007
    I'm getting both, but if i HAD to choose, Pearl. I like Palkia better, and yeah, think he is better, and I just like it :P

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    I'm getting Pearl. First I wanted Diamond, (And now I don't have the SLIGHTEST reason why,) but my brother wanted Diamond. So I chose Pearl. Besides, the version exclusives in Pearl appeal to me more. GO MISDREAVIOUS!

... And I've always chosen the less-popular game. I downloaded a Leaf Green Rom when my brother downloaded a Fire Red, I got Saphirre and he got Emerald,And now I'm getting Pearl and he's getting Diamond. We pre-ordered!

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Pearl. Everyone wants Diamond so heh. I'll get the version most people don't want. :3

Years
    i pre-ordered diamond today (no motive for picking diamond). Well actually my mom did as a going away present (she's moving out of town, while i stay out here).

but yeah, i haven't been into pokemon since season 1 so i have tons of catching up to do ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    Both. Hey, too hard of a choice!

that's exactly what i thought at first when i just first knew them (DS apecial mag) but i thought i would choose diamond cuz of the legendary |I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I LIKE THE DOG BETTER THAN THE HUGE BULKY MONSTER!!! lol| so i went for diamond, then i thought "hmm... i guess im getting sick of dialga. i'll try palkia..." so i did. and he's awesome! even though i like dialga, i KNOW i like palkia better. a hard choice, indeed. after all, there has NEVER been an odd population in these 2 except for here. in our school we had lunch, played for 40 mins. we had a debate on who likes which more and why. i said "i like pokemon diamond better simply... because of the legendary, palkia. and also beause you get aron in pearl, although you get larvitar in diamond, (bad thing) i also like aggron. tyranitar and aggron are both cool, anyways, in order to rebut (however you spell it) [name], i would hate to have both. it would be nice, but they are the same 4th feneration 10th version type. why get 2? it's a waste of money! they are almost the same, about 95% are the same, besides each pokemon you can catch. anyways, my say is: yes, pokemon IS a child thing. although people at 20 yrs old may like it. my brother likes it and he's
    22. so what? i'm 11 and we still like it just as much! (ogcourse, i'm better than him.) and if you're thugs/gangster type people and despise it, then you're really uncool. NO ONE is cool that doesnt like pokemon, i think. well, eerathetically. i think both D/P are the same, (eerathetically) (however you spell it) and i am not thinking 1 is better than the other. i am rooting for pearl because i like it better is all!

that's what i said, and in the end of the debate, we were all the same. see? they are the same, so it is hard to choose =P

so just do what i do! look what i have posted previously in the thread, that's what i do in sticky situations! :D

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Im getting Pearl from the U.S. and A. even though im in Canada im getting it there. Dunno why but it just happenz. And Pearl in MY POINT OF VIEW, is better than Diamond. 2 reasons.
    1) Alot of people are getting Diamond instead of Pearl so I fugre if I get Pearl Ill have maybe a 6/10 chance of getting it(40% people getting pearl 60% are getting diamond so switch the two divide by 10 and theres ur answer).
    2) It has the pokemon I want except Purugly...

Back