• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What you want in the 3DS eShop?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Many of you may have notice, (how could you not?) that you can purchase and download previous/Retro games on the eShop on the 3DS.
    From consoles such as the Gameboy/Colour and the NES, with a large vareity of games like Super Mario, and Legend of Zelda, to the odd mini games like GOLF and AlleyWay.

My question is, What Retro games would you like to be released for download in the eShop?

My answer would be, The Legend of Zelda; Oracle Series, and Pokémon Yellow and Crystal.
    They were the best games, back when I was a boy, and would love to play through them, without a emulator. :3

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Obviously I'd want all of the Gen I and II Pokemon games haha.
    I would also want:
    -Pokemon Pinball
    -The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons
    -Shantae
    -Survival Kids
    -Pokemon TCG

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I don't have a 3DS, but...
    -Dragon Quest/Warrior I-III (with it being 25 years old now and all)
    -Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya

That'd be ballin' yo.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Along with the already listed games:

-All of the Megaman games for the GB
    -Pokemon TCG2
    -Castlevania(NES, the Gameboy one was horrible)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Along with the already listed games:

-All of the Megaman games for the GB
    -Pokemon TCG2
    -Castlevania(NES, the Gameboy one was horrible)

I know one of the Megamans are for purchase on the GB, but as for TCG2 they'd have to translate it so it would take some effort.

NatureKeeper

Two games: (Or three to be precise, but really..)

*Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen
    *Gyakuten Kenji 2 (Please don't shoot me, but that's what Operation Objection is about!)

If they get on the eShop, I am actually going to consider something other than Colors! 3D.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Two games: (Or three to be precise, but really..)

*Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen
    *Gyakuten Kenji 2 (Please don't shoot me, but that's what Operation Objection is about!)

If they get on the eShop, I am actually going to consider something other than Colors! 3D.

I don't think they're doing GBA games?
    Or DS games for that matter.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Oh, man... there are so many games I'd love to see on the eShop. Out of mere random, I'd love to play 3D Classics: Castlevania.

NatureKeeper

Or DS games for that matter.

Well, there WAS a single game released to the general public, although it was a remake. Four Swords. I wouldn't mind a similarly remade version of FireRed/LeafGreen.

As for Gyakuten Kenji 2, Christian Svensson of Capcom USA said that Gyakuten Kenji 2 can only exist as a digitally downloadable title. The DS has been long ruled out for the west by Capcom, for that matter. The easiest systems are the 3DS and Vita, and as far as sales go, the 3DS sold more, and Capcom wants to make more cash out of the game, so yeah.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Well, there WAS a single game released to the general public, although it was a remake. Four Swords. I wouldn't mind a similarly remade version of FireRed/LeafGreen.

As for Gyakuten Kenji 2, Christian Svensson of Capcom USA said that Gyakuten Kenji 2 can only exist as a digitally downloadable title. The DS has been long ruled out for the west by Capcom, for that matter. The easiest systems are the 3DS and Vita, and as far as sales go, the 3DS sold more, and Capcom wants to make more cash out of the game, so yeah.

But four swords was released as a improved remake title, not a port over, and it's not marked down as a virtual console download. Besides it was only done for the 25th anniversary of Zelda.

And, Capcom themselves have said Gyakuten Kenji 2 will not be localized because it would cost alot of money they don't have, and from the sales of Miles Edgeworth 1, it won't give them any profit at all.

NatureKeeper

But four swords was released as a improved remake title, not a port over, and it's not marked down as a virtual console download. Besides it was only done for the 25th anniversary of Zelda.

And, Capcom themselves have said Gyakuten Kenji 2 will not be localized because it would cost alot of money they don't have, and from the sales of Miles Edgeworth 1, it won't give them any profit at all.

Can you at least check the Operation Objection Thread, the "where we currently stand" part, before hosing down any flame of hope we had for this game's localization.

Plus, I do not recall wanting FireRed and LeafGreen as a virtual console game. >.<' Anniversary or not, FireRed and LeafGreen will sell exceptionally well and you know that as well as I do. In any case, it's just what do I want! I do not have to provide reasons!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Can you at least check the Operation Objection Thread, the "where we currently stand" part, before hosing down any flame of hope we had for this game's localization.

Plus, I do not recall wanting FireRed and LeafGreen as a virtual console game. >.<' Anniversary or not, FireRed and LeafGreen will sell exceptionally well and you know that as well as I do. In any case, it's just what do I want! I do not have to provide reasons!

I do not wish to take part in the thread, because i do not wish to take part in this.

And, this thread is about what 'Virtual Console' downloads you wish to have in the eShop, making Fire Red and Leaf green, out of the question.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Pokemon Pinball would be amazing to play on the 3DS. And it could really make use of the dual-screen and even the stylus! I haven't played that game in so long, so to see it pop up again would make me very happy indeed. Also, any Bomberman variant would probably also be really good for the 3DS; but that's mainly for the nostalgia value for me personally in playing them now.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Pokemon Pinball would be amazing to play on the 3DS. And it could really make use of the dual-screen and even the stylus! I haven't played that game in so long, so to see it pop up again would make me very happy indeed. Also, any Bomberman variant would probably also be really good for the 3DS; but that's mainly for the nostalgia value for me personally in playing them now.

I'm hoping they'll make a Pokémon Pinball: Black and White.
    Since they didn't for the second and fourth generation, and only the first and third.
    And, I've not BomberMan in so long, it must be put in the eShop! C:

Edit: yaaaay!! My 1,800th post! C:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Pokemon Pinball would be amazing to play on the 3DS. And it could really make use of the dual-screen and even the stylus! I haven't played that game in so long, so to see it pop up again would make me very happy indeed. Also, any Bomberman variant would probably also be really good for the 3DS; but that's mainly for the nostalgia value for me personally in playing them now.
    Pokemon Pinball would be great, yeah.

Probably wouldn't be eShop material, but I think a 3D Pokemon Snap type of game would be great

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years

• Probably wouldn't be eShop material, but I think a 3D Pokemon Snap type of game would be great

^ This!

I would kill for a 3DS Pokémon Snap game, heck a new Pokémon Snap would great!

I'm waiting for SNES and Genesis/MegaDrive emulation for 3DS, sweeties.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Let's see

• Shantae(GBC)
    • Crystalis(NES)
    • Breath of Fire(SNES/GBA)
    • Breath of Fire II(SNES/GBA)
    • Megaman III(NES)
    • The Ambassador games

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Pokémon Yellow, Pokémon Crystal...actually, I can't see any reason why they couldn't make EVERY GB/GBC game, along with NES, SNES and whatever other platforms there are on the eShop at the moment (I haven't checked in a little while). If they are against ROM downloads, releasing them on 3DS would help prevent that, plus they would actually make money from the retro games people want to play.

Back