• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whatever Happened To Butch & Cassidy?

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    I can kinda remember them, they appeared in about 3 episodes if memory serves.

They are Obviously better then Jessie and James in talent and battlewise so why hasnt Giovanni sent then to Hoenn to catch pokemon for him? O.o

Dont get me wrong i think Jessie and James are hilarious (in a pathetic sort of way) but id like them to make an appearence in Hoenn so Jessie and Cassidy can go head to head again lol, what do you lot think?

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    He sent Jessie and James to Hoenn to get them out of the way.All old characters
    will be abandoned except for a few because this is Advanced Generation.

This is a duplicate topic,so I will report it.

Years
    Giovanni didn't send Jessie, James and Meowth to Hoenn. They followed Ash there (did you not see "A Ruin With A View!"??).
    He thought it would be a good idea for them to stay there to check out the major operations of Team Aqua and Team Magma.
    Team Rocket hasn't branched out to the Hoenn region yet which makes Jessie, James and Meowth the only members there.

Also, watch the Hoso/Chronicles series, they are in many episodes.

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Boss kept Jessie and James to Hoenn, even thougth he didn't want them there because he wanted to get rid of them for a while too.

B and C, they have a speacal on them in Pokemon Cron. Look for the DVD in US in about october. I think.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    MewthreeXL said:
    He sent Jessie and James to Hoenn to get them out of the way.All old characters
    will be abandoned except for a few because this is Advanced Generation.

It's about time that I'm not the only one who noticed this happening...

Anyway, the show basically did with Butch and Cassidy what they did to alot of characters. They were discarded, like unusable cards. The same thing will happen to Team Aqua and Magma after Hoenn. Apparently, the show must think that besides Ash and Pikachu, Jessie, James and Meowth, are still important and play a major role in the story... What do those three do again? Oh yeah, that's right. They waste time...

But I actually do have a different theory on this. I believe that the show will switch between supporting characters from now on. Misty could be in the next season, but May might not. That is just an example, of course.

The above 'important' characters will be an exception to the rule; they'll always be there, unless a formal announcement is made stating otherwise.

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    May is too popular to be discarded,not saying it's not a possibility.Brock will also stay
    because he has a fairly decent fanbase.Misty may or may not come back,it depends.
    Max will leave.I'm sure i'm not the only one annoyed by him.Probably replaced by Misty.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Well, that's just another way the 'replacement theory' could work. It could be any combination of characters, or even to integrate a new character into the show (say, Brendan?).

Years
    Brendan? We've only seen him once, so of course I'd like to learn more about him!

I don't think that Max could ever be seperated from May since they compliment each other quite well. If one were to leave, the other would probably have to, as well. Also, as I've said before, I think the show wants to add a small RPG element known as character limitation. In this case, only three main characters. Since I believe May and Max compliment one another, I consider them one character as a whole.

Alright, now on to Butch and Cassidy. They'll make their grand reappearence sometime this fall in the US. As to why they don't come up very often: Well, they don't tend to follow Ash in any way, so we don't know what operations they're doing. Also, whenever they are caught when Ash's around, they're always thrown in jail! Don't you think it's a hassle just to set them free, either by money (unlikely) or by force?

Back