• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    So they broke into PC again. I have a few questions: How did this happen AGAIN? Why couldn't they be stopped? why did it take the admins so long for them to notice that PC was getting hacked? has everything been tested to make sure it works? Why don't the PMs seem to be working? Why did they proceed to attempt to virus my computer?

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    They broke in using VBullshit, the rest of your questions I cannot answer.

Years
    on vBullShit you figure out where the file that stores the database variables are then it goes into the db and lists all the admin screenames and passwords.

SkyRider.

Beware
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2005
    What I'm not getting is why they would hack PC. Do they have a grudge against the forums? A member? Are they just sick, twisted peole who enjoy this?

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    SkyRider said:
    What I'm not getting is why they would hack PC. Do they have a grudge against the forums? A member? Are they just sick, twisted peole who enjoy this?
    I'd go with option #2 if I were you, unless something happened that I don't know about with some members. (which is likely, XD)

SkyRider.

Beware
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2005
    Well...if anyone is suspected, I'll stalk them.
    It's stupid, really, that anyone would do this. Then again, there are lots of stupid people in this world..

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Eh...lets just look to the bright side of this. I mean, at least the forum wasn't completely deleted. The internet isn't real. If someone wanted to, they could throw a few switches and it would be gone. Forever. The whole internet could be deleted withing seconds.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Wow, that reminded me a lot of MMBN, XD
    The internet is too large to be deleted in seconds, and I'm pretty sure a few switches won't shut it down....
    Anyways, what matters is that PC is still in tact, and that we have each other!
    *hugs everyone....XD*

Years
    yeah, I notced somehting wrong with PC yesterday, but I figured it was just a glitch. and I think I have specifics on why they attacked here instead of anywhere else. but it's only a theory, and if correct, the best thing to do would to make sure I can't come to PC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back