• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats so special about pikachu?

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I just watched some epsidoes from the advanced generation and i was just wondering what is so special about ashes pikachu that they still want to steal it? Its not a shiny pokemon and pikachu's are not rare. So what is it about ashes pikachu.

- Neo Android

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    seems to me that Team Rocket doesn't give up their dreams that easily.. they were defeated, and were amazed by Pikachu's power since the first few episodes... well, you can say team rocket is really persistant..

Hmmmmmm. Not only Team Rocket wants Pikachu.. I want it too!! Simply because it's one of the cutest Pokemon in the series!! XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    miyo said:
    seems to me that Team Rocket doesn't give up their dreams that easily.. they were defeated, and were amazed by Pikachu's power since the first few episodes... well, you can say team rocket is really persistant..

Bingo. They said since the beginning that Ash's Pikachu is much more powerful than a normal Pikachu, but I think the producers have forgotten about this.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I see so no real reason then apart from the fact they have had one to many thunderbolts. I thought it was because he was rare not like other pikachus i guess i was wrong....again

Edit: Just saw ichapokemr post. That be intresting if the series went into more depth about that.

kiarou

cold and silent
    Years
    since that day they were defeatedby pikachu in viridian city, they lost there pride as evil, and they feel as if to get there pride back they have to steal the pikachu that stole there pride
    thats my guess

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Makes sense. I mean that why Team Rocket wanted Pikachu so much. They felt as if Pikachu had amzaing power if it was able to defeat them so easily.

I like what Kiarou said. It makes a lots of sense and help you get into their mind.

snorlax_32

Snorlax master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 30, 2006
    yeah if i was team rocket i would go for pikachu even more after each time i was beat by it... but i wish they would make an episode where team rocket actually gets pikachu and keeps pikachu for a couple episodes and gives him to the boss and ash and co. have to rescue pikachu in the bosses mansion.. now that would be a sweet plot

enyce

banned
    Years
    kiarou said:
    since that day they were defeatedby pikachu in viridian city, they lost there pride as evil, and they feel as if to get there pride back they have to steal the pikachu that stole there pride
    thats my guess

This post wins. But not giving up after six years is retarded. Jessie and James are almost in their mid twenties stalking teenagers.

That is seriously not cool.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    enyce said:
    This post wins.

Except there's no evidence of it in the anime.

enyce said:
    But not giving up after six years is retarded. Jessie and James are almost in their mid twenties stalking teenagers.

......No, at least 30 for James and 34 for Jessie.

Sweet May

Custom avvie coming soon...
    Years
    Lol Pikachu is powerful alright, but not something on my wanting list. Although TR seems to have calmed down on catching Pikachu since AG. Part of the whole "new and improved" Team Rocket. :P xD

GreatLiver

man, myth, stud
    Years
    Pretty much they just never got over how powerful it was in the second ep so they still want it even though it's not that great anymore.

Years
    Hmm...

Well, the first thing that comes out of my mind of when Ash's Pikachu demonstrated tremendous power was during the episode "On a Wingull and a Prayer" (season 6). Remember when Ash and friends along with Captain Briney was giving chase to that Team Aqua guy on sea? During that one, Pikachu nearly completely demolished the large lump of rock they called a "mountain". Whether it was one or not, that was a really big stone to destory in one shot.

There's plenty more evidence where Pikachu shows off its power, such as being able to actually stand up to a lot of the legendaries it meets up with for the first few minutes. I doubt a normal Pikachu, even with enhanced abilities, could stop an attack from Kyogre.

I bet Team Rocket sees this, and knows what potential the yellow mouse has. Though it does make me wonder why they have to use flawed giant machines to do the job... (and how much money Giovanni is willing to put up for them)

Honestly, I think Ash's Pikachu is holding out on all of us. It just doesn't want to destroy everything in its path... (I know there's no evidence on this; it's called an opinion!)

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Well lets see, Team rocket have been blasted away scince the second episode, its been 6 years since that, over 4/5s of the time pikachu Tbolts em away.
    I guess they keep trying to capture it because its powerful enough to do that. But Come On!!! They've tried to catch it roughly about 400 times! When are they gonna give up! But seriously these guys must have brains the size of a grain of rice.
    I don't know where they get the idea that after The 400th attempt, they will still capture the pika.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    I agree with dqle.

Ash's Pikachu has always demonstrated that it is rare among other pokemon. It has not only a substantial amount of power, but it also seems to be smarter than many other pokemon. Its bond with Ash is portrayed as 'rare' or abnormal in itself. Pikachu often shows that he can be diplomatic to almost any pokemon.

On the side about power, I mean, he did scare off that flock of Spearow... defeat Roxanne's Geodude on its own, and others.

I think it's safe to say that, like his trainer, Pikachu is unique. Why TR always want to catch it is because of those reason and probably because its become a running gag of the series. They don't always focus on catching it though, and following Ash (someone who seems to encounter every legendary pokemon and rare species) has its obvious advantages.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    snorlax_32 said:
    yeah if i was team rocket i would go for pikachu even more after each time i was beat by it... but i wish they would make an episode where team rocket actually gets pikachu and keeps pikachu for a couple episodes and gives him to the boss and ash and co. have to rescue pikachu in the bosses mansion.. now that would be a sweet plot

Well, I think they should make it a special episode~ if they had made it into a couple of episodes, I would find it a lil' boring.. imagine having 4 or 5 episodes of Ash infiltrating the boss's mansion and only getting Pikachu back on the 5th episode.. o.o

Back