• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen whats your facorite starter chimchar turtwig or piplup?

what's your favorite starter?

• piplup

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • chimchar

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • turtwig

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Destani

The blackest kind of blasphemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    Piplup. I do more water/ice training, so maybe I'm biased.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    i rather choose twitwig, cause it when it evolves into torterra its a grass-ground type, good against fire, and water-steel types *cough*other starters*cough*

Susanoo

Champion-To-Be
    Years
    I'm unsure if these are allowed, they seem cliche, but whatever, I'm new, so I wouldn't know. I like Chimchar mainly for Infernape and the fact that I love monkeys. I like Piplup mainly for Prinplup and the fact that I love penguins. And I like Turtwig for Grotle and the fact that in Diamond and/or Pearl, if you choose Turtwig, the rival chooses Chimchar, and Dawn chooses Piplup, so it's a balance.

Me: Dusk
    Rival: Vincent
    Rowan's Assistant: Dawn

Turtwig: Turtwig (Dusk) , Chimchar (Vincent) , Piplup (Dawn)

Piplup: Piplup (Dusk) , Turtwig (Vincent) , Piplup (Dawn)

Chimchar: Chimchar (Dusk) , Piplup (Vincent) , Piplup (Dawn)

Plus, choosing Turtwig follows the story. The hero has Turtwig (Ash), Dawn has a Piplup, and the rival has a Chimchar (Paul).

So I'd say Turtwig.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    *sigh* Sooo many threads like this one....

Turtwig/Torterra because that starter defys any reason to believe that grass Pokemon are naturally weak. It has much diversity and a vast movepool. It can counter Infernape pretty well with EQ. Just saying, but he rocks <33

My Torterra is a fabulous addition to one of my 'most-used' teams and never dissapoints meh. <3

BTW: Grass Pokemon = <3

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I'm usually not too fond of Fire starters, (Charizard, Typhlosion and Blaziken are all my least favorite fully evolved starters from their respective generations) but Infernape is a freakin' kung-fu monkey and monkey Pokémon are just pwnsome in general so Chimchar for me. <3 Besides, Infernape is by far the most versatile Sinnoh starter in battle and probably the best Skarmbliss counter in the game. Next would be Turtwig (that I fell in love with the moment I saw it; it took me a while to get a liking to Chimchar) and last Piplup. I'm not a big fan of Empoleon and Piplup was a failed attempt at making a disgustingly cute Pokémon. The only reason I like Piplup at all is that it's a penguin.

Thorn

A thorn to my enemies
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    i think all the starters this time where a let down realy

Whit3 B.

Legend tamer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    :t249:I think that piplup is the best. Water pokemon RULE!!!

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    Turtwig because Torterra is ground and grass which negates fire and ice moves. 2nd would be piplup because it's cute.

If you mean that you can teach Torterra a counter super effective move then yes it can give you some advantantge. But the pokemon does not Negate fire it still does 2x damage. As for Ice Moves if the pokemon is ice type then its 4x(Move)*STAB Bonus + Attack or Special Attack Divided by some number + Item Bonus + offensive ability bonus or offensive ability. Examples of Ice offensive ability bonuses are Hustle,Snow Warning powering Ice moves farther, So just knowing that an Ice type can 4x(Move)* Stab Bonus is alot already meaning, it does not negate it.
    This is just an estimate I do not have the real formula but you get the idea the + is in addition to might or might not be multiplyed/divided.

Yea I like Piplup in Diamond Pearl series, Treeco in R,S,E, Cyndaquil in G,S,C and Squirtle in FR,LG.

Last edited:

Ryu Hoshi

Traveling fighter for hire
    Years
    Well im gonna go with Chimchar.not because I have a Explanation of why hes better then the other 2 but because the topic says who's your favorite not whos better

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back