• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats your favorite main character in the anime?

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Boy: Ash and Gary
    Ash - because Misty loves him (aaml, pokeshipping, etc.)
    Gary - because he is good trainer

Girl: Misty
    - the best girl I have ever seen

i want misty back.
    Right! Me too.

Last edited:

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    boy- GARY/LANCE
    girl-MAY
    Idk why its just like that!

R a i n e+

moo~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    Male-Probably Shuu, Shinji, or Harley, if they count.

Female-I'm tied between Kasumi and Hikari.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    Girl: Well duh! Misty of course! shes always been my favorite girl!

Guy: Ash; same as what went with Misty, he's always been my favorite.

I like other characters as well; but I'll be here all day naming them. xD so I'll settle with my most favorite ones.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Male: Barry (I can't believe no one's mentioned him XD) he's crazy and a complete spazz XD And it's just too funny how he fanboys Paul. I'm really glad they decided to add him to DP, even though they introduced him quite late. It's worth watching an episode just to see him ^_^

Female: May. I like how she got some character development, going from someone who was uninterested and in Pokemon and kind of incompetent into becoming a good coordinator ^_^ I found her obsession with ramen late in the series quite funny, as well

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
    Male: Barry (I can't believe no one's mentioned him XD) he's crazy and a complete spazz XD And it's just too funny how he fanboys Paul. I'm really glad they decided to add him to DP, even though they introduced him quite late. It's worth watching an episode just to see him ^_^

Omg xD I totally forget about Barry sometimes and it is funny seeing a fanboy of Paul. To imagine..Paul has fanboys!:laugh:

Anyway...my favorite characters are:

Girl: Misty for I've liked her from the start of the series...plus I have been told I act a lot like her which I can see since I use to (still am but not as much) a tomboy =D. Plus having a very quick temper but can have a very caring side for my friends....just have trust issues =/ BUT I do love me the water pokemon!

Boy: Ash...he's my type of guy I don't care what other might think. He's smart (sometimes xD), brave, and can be a bit dense..which I'm sure most of us know. He'd be my best friend if he was real cause he's so cool like that. Plus I share that care he has for his Pokemon cause sometimes I hate trading away the ones that did so much for me.

Umbreon from my Pokemon Silver...I still miss you for all your hard work and the same to you Feraligatr. Stupid batter thing...I shall never forget you guys!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I've always liked Ash/Satoshi as a character, not just because he's the main character and not just because he's stood out more, but because he stands for something in the anime. He's a ten year old kid [could be older, but you never know if they age or not] who tries, he tries his best to succeed at a goal. Usually, most people wouldn't do that in life, but at least Ash teaches a moral besides trying to be better than most in a world of Pokémon. Besides his moral lessons, he has always had a similar attitude and way of thought like mines, which was intriguing to learn, but yet it makes me favor Ash a bit more than other leading male roles in the anime.

As for the female favorite, it has been May/Haruka ever since she appeared in the show. Besides her spontaneous love for food, she too has a similar attitude like Ash's which caught my attention. Her style in doing things were always enjoyable throughout the show and when she began contests is when I got even more into May. So, she stands as my favorite female now, and she is the one who has gotten me into playnig through contests within my games itself.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I've always liked Ash/Satoshi as a character, not just because he's the main character and not just because he's stood out more, but because he stands for something in the anime. He's a ten year old kid [could be older, but you never know if they age or not] who tries, he tries his best to succeed at a goal. Usually, most people wouldn't do that in life, but at least Ash teaches a moral besides trying to be better than most in a world of Pokémon. Besides his moral lessons, he has always had a similar attitude and way of thought like mines, which was intriguing to learn, but yet it makes me favor Ash a bit more than other leading male roles in the anime.

Exactly, I couldn't agree more. Most would just give up when thrown down. However, Ash has taken his losses especially at the pokemon leagues and has learned from them. He takes the positives and moves on with motivation to stride to be better in his next battle. Everyone of course questions how stupid he was in the beginning but what 10 year old wouldn't make mistakes like that? His attitude is incredible how he lets nothing get in his way. It is so rare to find someone who has been put down, but uses that to keep them running to succeed at their goal to be the best.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Brock, Pikachu or Ash. Brock always makes me laugh so I'll choose him for right now :3

Miniduffa

Pokeshipper and Proud
    Years
    They've never found a decent replacement for Misty. They should never have gotten rid of her. She was made of awesome. Henceforth, Misty is my favourite character and always will be :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    My favourite is Dawn, I just love her. She has awesome pokemon as well, so cute ^_^. Her no need to worry, makes me smile every time. May is horrible, her voice is too quiet. Oh yeah and my favourite boy would be wobbuffet if he counts :P

Last edited:
    Back