• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what's your favorite pokemon attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    The attack effect for Hyperbeam in R/B/Y.
    The screen inverting the black and white, then the beam firing was cool.

The effect in R/S/E, however, sucks. It just looks like a bunch of marbles :/

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    For attack effect Fire blast, it make the word Fire in japanese. for usefullness in battle it is Dragon claw

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    kohei said:
    The attack effect for Hyperbeam in R/B/Y.
    The screen inverting the black and white, then the beam firing was cool.

The effect in R/S/E, however, sucks. It just looks like a bunch of marbles :/
    I agree with you, and the sound effect that it makes rocks!

Years
    Psychic. It's always looked cool.
    It's also a very strong attack, which I like. I like quick battles, so the stronger the move, the more I like it. ^^

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    RBY: Solarbeam, or Hyperbeam. ^^ I also like Night Shade and Dream Eater.

GS: Aeroblast. I agree, that attack looks very cool. I also like Sacred Fire.

I can't think of any from R/S right now... I'm sure there's something. ^-^

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    Rollout, Blaze Kick(favorite!!!), and volt tackle are my favorite pokemon moves. Volt Tackle are common more with pikachu evo chains and jolteon. Blaze Kick is only for Blaziken, which is sutible for the name.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I'm like, in love with the move Razor Leaf. @__@ In my LG version, if I had a Bulbasaur I always had it keep the Razor Leaf move, same for Chikorita in G/S/C, I just like the way it looks. XD

~Kelsey

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    Rika said:
    I'm like, in love with the move Razor Leaf. @__@ In my LG version, if I had a Bulbasaur I always had it keep the Razor Leaf move, same for Chikorita in G/S/C, I just like the way it looks. XD

~Kelsey

Razor Leaf Does Look good, but i would never raise a grass pokemon. They are designed to be horrible in the beggining, but dominate the elite four...

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Some of my favorites are: (not in order)

Rollout! This attack is just soooo fun to use--especially in trainer battles. If a Pokemon uses Rollout to KO a Pokemon, it might end up OHKO'ing the next three Pokemon, even if they're Wailmer or some other tough Pokemon. Sweet! :badsmile:

Hypnosis! Part of this is due to the Pokemon episode "Hypno's Naptime"--it was neat seeing the effects of Hypno's Hypnosis on all those children, making them act like Pokemon... I love Pokemon who learn Hypnosis, and I'm reluctant to get rid of that move on any of those Pokemon... Yet then again, I like any psychic abilities, which explains why I like Psychic and Calm Mind and Kinesis as well...

Dream Eater! The only Pokemon I have ever taught this move to (from a TM or tutor, depending on the game) was Hypno--I can't understand why Drowzee and Hypno can't learn this move via level-up! Anyways, this attack is neat--it does more damage than Psychic, and it heals half the damage it does. Sure, the foe has to be asleep, but that's no problem because the only Pokemon I have with this move know Hypnosis as well.

Curse! This is probably my favorite attack of them all, even though I think the non-Ghost version of it is pretty lame. Besides, the only Pokemon I have that know Curse are Ghost-type--I love the Ghost effect much more. It's very useful when an opposing trainer has only one Pokemon left--I just send out Haunter or Shuppet or whatever to cast the curse, then stall with my other Pokemon. I also like it when wild Gastly/Haunter use Curse when I train in Pokemon Tower--if my Pokemon normally KO them with two hits, they can then KO them with only one because Gastly/Haunter has conveniently cut its HP in half. Or sometimes, if my Pokemon brings its HP below half, and Gastly/Haunter uses Curse, it faints! But even though some people say this move sucks, I think it's just the coolest--and most unique--attack.

Metronome! Talk about randomness! I had a really hard time getting rid of this move on my Clefable because I loved it so much... In the history of the Pokemon of mine that did use it, though, some interesting outcomes came out. One time, my Togepi used Sacred Fire, my Clefairy used Luster Purge, and Ditto (when it transformed into Clefairy) used Hydro Cannon! Anyways, for this reason I also like Assist, even though the randomness is limited in that case. Same goes for Present as well.

Explosion! KABOOM!!! I love to use this attack against a foe's strongest Pokemon--therefore it doesn't matter if the user is KO'ed, because often the foe is too. Also, it's a great contest move if you're in the final appeal round.

Perish Song! I only have two Pokemon that know this attack: Misdreavus and Lapras. Like Curse, Perish Song is an excellent attack to use against a trainer's final Pokemon, or one that can't escape. Just stall afterward and it's mutually assured destruction!

Sheer Cold! A very thrilling attack--the excitement of an automatic KO! I especially like this on Articuno because it also knows Mind Reader. But even with the 30% accuracy, it's exciting to wait in anticipation for a OHKO move to take effect. And I specifically picked Sheer Cold here because it's the only OHKO move that no Pokemon is immune to.

Hyper Beam! I don't care how lame people say it is--I think it's great for a quick and powerful attack. If you have the game on Shift mode, you can just switch Pokemon after a KO to avoid the recharging step. I was always frustrated when Lance's Pokemon kept using it in Yellow...

Attract! I don't know... I just think it's cute that a Pokemon can fall in love in the middle of a battle!

Kinesis! Sure, I think it's a lame attack in the game--all it does is lower accuracy... but I like it because it's rare, and in fact the only Pokemon that learns it is Kadabra, and you can count Alakazam as well. In a fic-game I'm planning to make, Kinesis raises the user's Special Attack and has a fifty-fifty chance of lowering the foe's accuracy.

Flail! I have a Goldeen that knows this. Normally, when I train my Pokemon, I rush it to the Pokemon Center if it falls below half HP. However, I don't do this with Goldeen. I love it when Goldeen's HP gets really low. Then Flail gets really powerful and ends up KO'ing most foes she faces. The only risk is of fainting due to scarcity of HP...

Magical Leaf: The name makes it sound really cool, and in my opinion it's one of the prettiest attacks there is--it ranks with Aurora Beam and Signal Beam and Sacred Fire as well. I always thought it neat that Kirlia and Mr. Mime can learn it, even though they're nowhere near Grass-type Pokemon... XD

I believe there are more, but that's all I can think of for now...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back