• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what's your favorite pokemon attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    If you include defensive moves, then Calm Mind, definitely. There's nothing that says "lolz dead opponent" like a Gardevoir or Alakazam (or heck, Kyogre) with maxed S Attack and S Defense.

If not, I've always been fond of the moves Ice Beam and Surf for no apparent reason.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Dragon Dance basically spells the end against any Pokemon, so it's probably the best attack, even though I personally like Calm Mind better as a personal preference. The speed along with attack boost is simply devastating. Calm Mind and Bulk Up are similar, but you don't need defense in Pokemon if you can go fast and knock them out in one blow.

Hope that there is a special attack version of Dragon Dance in the next generation.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    kohei said:
    The attack effect for Hyperbeam in R/B/Y.
    The screen inverting the black and white, then the beam firing was cool.

The effect in R/S/E, however, sucks. It just looks like a bunch of marbles :/

Yeah, I agree with you. Hyper Beam is supposed to be a powerful physical attack, and the effect in R/S/E doesn't make it look nearly as strong as it should.

My favorite moves would be crunch, slash, poison tail, aeroblast, surf, ice beam, dragon rage, psychic, calm mind, and frenzy plant.

I really liked the R/B/Y effect for Thunder for some reason.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Counter and Mirror Coat for me. I guess you could call them my signature moves ~_^ I always have to have atleast one Pokémon with Mirror Coat or Counter on my team O.o.

Appearance vice, the R/B/Y Hyper Beam > you, Hyper Beam sucks as an attack, but I love the screen inverting <3

Poison tail also has a really nice effect, imo.

My other favourites include:

Seismic Toss, Night shade (Pokémon with low attack stats can actually do some damage with these moves =O), Destiny Bond (I love taking out the opponent's Pokémon when he/she thinks he/she'll kick my Pokémon's butt =P Too bad it needs a fast Pokémon =/ ) and Metronome (useless, but it's random! <3)

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Ninetales said:
    Magical Leaf: The name makes it sound really cool, and in my opinion it's one of the prettiest attacks there is--it ranks with Aurora Beam and Signal Beam and Sacred Fire as well. I always thought it neat that Kirlia and Mr. Mime can learn it, even though they're nowhere near Grass-type Pokemon... XD

How's sacred fire ranked among signal beam/aurorabeam/magical leaf?
    Anyway sacred fire and aeroblast are very cool...as is ice beam.

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
    Well, lots of attacks as far as appearence, that I like, but strategy..

Leech Seed anyone? XD Drains 1/8 HP per turn and heals your Pokemon.. it's excellent. ^_^ In-game, that is, no one link battling is stupid enough to leave their seeded Pokemon in battle. XD

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
    Years
    Well, I really only see the moves used when I'm playing Stadium, so my list is compiled from my Stadium guide book.

Some of my absolute favorite attacks are:

Acid
    Acid Armor
    Aurora Beam (ooh, pretty…and strong: my very favorite.)
    Bubblebeam
    Earthquake + Magnitude (so strong, even if the opponent isn't particularly weak to it…)
    Future Sight (just very cool!)
    Ice Beam (I like pretty beams…and Ice.)
    Icy Wind
    Nightshade
    Perish Song
    Powder Snow
    Psybeam
    Shadow Ball (like the way that one looks, too)
    Sleep Powder (great if it works, muahaha)
    Toxic
    Wing Attack
    Leech Seed (fabulous)
    And the strong Thunder, Fire Blast, Surf/Waterfall, can't leave those out

And finally: Present. XD There's just something I like about sending your opponent a gift that's a bomb. Reminds me of Captain Hook & Peter Pan.

...so if I were a pokémon, I'd learn any combination of the above. ^^

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    hmmmm....

I like Tri-Attack, Aurora Beam, Thunder, Fire Blast, and NightShade.
    They're all good attacks, and they all look cool. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Surf (Because it's one of lords moves!)
    Dragon Claw (Because its strong and it pwns Drake)

Eh..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back