• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

whats your favorite type of pokemon?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Poison, Ghost, Dark, and Bug

I always find myself attracted to pokémon that can use annoy strategies and have a 'dark' design to them, and most of the good ones fall int othose four type categories, with my all-time favorite being Crobat. Others include Gengar, Sableye, Venomoth, and (even though I've yet to play D/P myself) Dorapion

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
If you don't mind me picking a dual type, Fight/Psychic appeals to me, as both Gallade and Medicham are Pokemon I favor.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
I prefer grass types. I became obsessed with them when I first got into Pokemon, it hasn't changed much.

WintressForever

Ice Pokemon Lover
Years
Ice types for me. They're so inspiring and beautiful. Ever since I got into Pokemon I instantly fell in love with them. Especially Articuno, Glaceon and Lapras.

My other favourite types are Water, Flying, Dragon, Psychic, Dark and Electric.

EvilDunsparce

Blue Moon!
Years
For me it is a tight tie between ghost and steel. Steel Pokemon are the some of the most hardy ones out here and I find that they are surprisingly in little use among a lot of players. Ghost types are also seemingly rare amongst players, although not as uncommonly used as steel types. Ghost pokemon have some of the best abilities such as levitate.

Then again...all the pokemon I use are generally not used amongst players :P

darkphoenixdude

Phoenix Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
Water Pokemon Rule :D They don't have many weaknesses, they are beautiful, they can take you almost anywhere, their special attack and defence is high and they come in all different shapes and sizes :D The pokemon that sparked my passion for water pokemon was Vaporeon

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2008
I think I like Poison Pokemon the most, since the whole concept of annoying and draining the life out of an opponent is fun. I really do like the character designs for Poison types as well. Other than that, I like Bug types since they're pretty nifty.

Athena

Untitled.
Years
Ooh my... This is hard question. (I remember some reporter person in Canclaved asked me this in Diamond lol!) I put dragons then, but really I think I own a lot of leaf-type pokemon. I usually just like specific pokemon (cute ones ;D) so nothing specific. But I almost always start with the leaf or water starter as well. :] <3

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I used to like bug types, but now that D/P is out, I seem to like Ice more =P

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
I love a ton of the bug type pokemon, so I'd probebly have to go with bug, I just hate the way the stupid bug catchers look on the game. >_<

Back