• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats your favourite Generation of pokemon?

What is your favourites Generation of pokemon?

• 1st Gen=Kanto

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • 2nd Gen=Jhoto

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • 3rd Gen=Hoenn

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
    Years
    Pokemon Johto Theme Song:
    I wanna be the very best
    Like no-one ever was
    To catch them's my real test,
    To train them is my cause

My whole life has lead to this,
    It's time to test my skills,
    I know I just can't miss,
    Gonna show the world,

(CHORUS):
    Born to be a winner (Johto!)
    Born to be a champion,
    Born to be a winner, Born to be the very best (Pokemon Johto!)
    Born to be a winner,
    POKEMON!!!

Hope u know which one of the series im liking :)

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Lovely May said:
    I'm a fan of Hoenn! It was like a fresh start for Pokemon. ^_^
    That's exactly what I don't like about it. It was like they were trying to say "Okay, screw all the old Pok?mon, we've selected a drunk seahorse and round balloon who are being carried over to ADVANCED GENERATION, but the rest are just unobtainables and belong to the past". Thankfully the old Pok?mon came with FireRed, LeafGreen and Colosseum.

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    I prefer all the origionals, plus some of the Johto region Pokemon, like Umbreon and Espeon. There seem to be way too many now.

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Kanto, followed by Johto. Hate Hoenn. All pokemon are ugly, especially the starters!

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    Red Falcon said:
    Kanto, followed by Johto. Hate Hoenn. All pokemon are ugly, especially the starters!
    Yeah but Hoenn offered good type combinations so my vote goes to 3rd generation, Hoenn. Prefer the starters in Kanto though.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Kanto for sure ^^ it brought us the very first pokemon
    Plus it brought my fave pokemon -dragonite & family ^^ and others i love like ninetails, raichu, and mew ^^

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Jhoto got my vote, it was a hard choice between Kanto VS Jhoto, but Jhoto won, because it was longer, had that bad a$$ rival, and you revisit the classic land of Kanto, and you could trade over some of your fav originals. (Charizard) XD

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    but darklink, the question was about which pokemon you preferred -1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation, not the game ^^;

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Oops, I forgot to add that that many of my favs are Jhoto pokemon anyway. (but not Charizard) Jhoto has many cool ones like Tyranitar, Typhlosion, Entei, Raikou,and Suicune, compared to the other pokemon.

BROOKE_&_LUGIA

Certified Pinkaholic
    Years
    My favorite generations of Pokemon in order:

1. Johto - The Johto Pokemon have the most powerful, the most cutiest, & the best starter :5:, :4:, :3: Pokemon. (ex. some of the most powerful Pokemon in this generation are: Lugia, Ho-oh, Tyranitar, Feraligatr, Ampharos, ect...) (ex. some of the cutiest Pokemon in this generation are: Togepi, Magby, Elekid, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, ect...)

2. Hoenn - The Hoenn Pokemon have the best looking Pokemon, and the cutest starters. :20:, :19:, :18:

3. Kanto - Although they do have cute starters :11:, :10:, :9: , most of the Pokemon (exept :mew2: ) aren't equipt to battle the "Elite 4", in my mind , and most of them aren't good looking (no ofence, I still like them), and some of them are very weak. (e.x Magikarp, Wild Medapods, Wild Kakunas, ect...). You'd have to pair them up with Johto or Hoenn Pokemon if you want to beat the "Elite 4" quickly (pair them up with Johto Pokemon for best results!!! (I know, I did this in my Gold version)).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2006
    Well, before playing Sapphire, I was thinking that my favorite would have to be Kanto. I love all of the orignals because I grew up playing that game lol.

Johto was just wierd to me, and I didn't find many of the new pokemon they introduced to be cute at all, or they started out cute and turned ugly once they evolved.

But now that I have played Sapphire, I have to say Hoenn would have to be my favorite. I love the new pokemon and such in this one and most of them in my opinion, do look cool/cute now.

Bree~chan

K <3<3<3
    Years
    I like Hoenn the best!^^My second fav Kanto,cause you just have to love the originals.^_~I never really like Johto though...there was way too many cute or ugly Pokemon,bleh.=P
    And it seemed like there wasn't much effort in the ideas of the Johto Pokemon.=/It was like they just slapped some not-very-well-thought-out ideas together and called them Pokemon.
    Though,some of the Johto Pokemon are really cool and interesting,but not all of them.>>;;;
    The Hoenn Pokemon are just so interesting to me.=) So,that's why I vote for Hoenn.^^
    And I love the AG Ash,that is a good enough reason for me.=P
    XD

Back