• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's Your Team?

Which Starter Will You Choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Arcanine Level 26
    Naughty Nature
    Fire Fang
    Thunder Fang
    Bite
    Roar

Dratini Level 27
    Quiet Nature
    Thunder Wave
    Dragon Rage
    Twister
    Slam

Gengar Level 27
    Modest Nature
    Hypnosis
    Curse
    Shadow Ball
    Shadow Punch

Bayleef Level 27
    Hardy Nature
    Tackle
    Synthesis
    Magical Leaf
    PoisonPowder

Wild Electrode

Imma use Esplosion!
    Years
  • Magmar, Snorlax, Red Gyarados, Feraligatr, Gliscor, Gyarados.
    I wish I had known about all the cool Pokemon you could have gotten over Pokewalker. Or I wish I felt like being original. Playing through with a Weezing or a Sharpedo would've been cool.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Wow, I completely forgot about my selected team. ToT
    Here is the team I used to beat Red and everyone else:
    Zals (m.) :t154:
    Lv.79
    -Hasty

Petal Dance
    Return
    Magical Leaf
    SolarBeam

Tempesta (f.) :t018:
    Lv.77
    -Adamant

Fly
    Roost
    Return
    Air Slash

Yin

Almost Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Right now I'm watching over

Thyphlosion
    Murkrow
    Glaceon
    Amphrados
    Spinarak
    Eevee Egg

Kife-fake

Cone Man
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Beat ss with this team and by beat i mean BEAT!

Shiny eevee 100
    Shiny glaceon
    Shiny mew 100
    Shiny wobbuffete 100
    Shiny typhlosion 100
    Shiny deoxys 100

Mark9

Toto Trainer
    Years
  • My current team after 2 and a half hours play and I have just got the Zephyr badge.

Totodile Lv12
    Bellsprout Lv10
    Mareep Lv11
    Hoothoot Lv11

I originally wanted the Pidgey evolution line but I'll think I'll go with Hoothoot due to its psychic powers. I'm just waiting to get a Growlithe and a Sentret as my Hm worker and then I'm all set for the rest of the game.

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
  • Ugh, I'm having serious difficulties on who I want my team to be composed of. It's nerve racking, I swear. I think I might just get rid of my Flying type and put Pinsir in as its replacement. That's just one of my issues. I dunno who to decide on as my Fire type. It's either Growlithe or Cyndaquil for that aspect, but my team as of right now is:

-- Pidgey Lv.1
    -- Growlithe Lv.1
    -- Horsea Lv.23
    -- Kangaskhan Lv.24
    -- Nidorino Lv.23
    -- Hitmonchan Lv.24

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Haven't even got the game yet, but I will go with: Heracross, Ninetales, Meganium, Lanturn, Umbreon, and Stantler

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Getting Heartgold tomorrow!
    Gonna go with: Cyndaquil, Hoothoot, Wooper, and Mareep FTW

The rest will probly be given or rare pokes, eeveelution, bugzone, legends etc

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    My team is currently:

Typhlosion lv. 68
    Bellossom lv. 70
    Togekiss lv. 64
    Ampharos lv. 64
    Politoed lv. 63

The levels are all out of whack because I'm training them all. I get about one level a minute, so it's going pretty fast ^^ (rebattling gym leaders and changing clock). Hahaha, as I was typing, Typhlosion grew a level from 67 to 68.

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Well I barely got past Whitney but I plan for my team to be:

Feraligatr
    Hitmonlee
    Ampharos
    Dragonite
    Tyranitar
    Flareon/Typhlosion

Gonna have to train for a Cyndaquil though, might not happen.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • Update #2:

My team has expanded a bit since my last post. I have seven badges right now.

Politoed: My Poliwag became my main fighter and evolved into a Poliwhirl. I was lucky enough to come across a King's Crown and used it to evolve him. Politoed is probably the strongest Pokemon on my team right now.

Scyther: I've been using Scyther since early in the game and he's pretty strong by this point. He's my second in command because of his speed, power and nice moveset.

Tangela: I just caught him a few hours ago. He's not strong enough to keep up with the rest of my team, but I adore him just the same. Tangela is one of my all time favorite Pokemon so I'm very happy to welcome him to the team. :D

Gligar: Gligar was caught about 30 minutes ago. Like Tangela, he isn't quite as strong as the rest of my team and his moves are next to powerless against other trainers Pokemon. I'll put some time and effort into training him and have him turned into a powerhouse in no time.

The final two spaces are reserved for Dratini and Kecleon. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    What's Your Team?
    (Raichu)
    Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt
    Iron Tail
    Grass Knot

What's Your Team?
    (Tree)
    Faint Attack
    Low Kick
    Rock Slide
    Strength

What's Your Team?
    (Weed)
    Sludge Bomb
    Sleep Powder
    Leaf Blade
    Cut

What's Your Team?
    (Mrs. Bird)
    Twister
    Wing Attack
    Fly
    Quick Attack

What's Your Team?
    (Slowlord)
    Curse
    Psychic
    Iron Tail
    Surf

What's Your Team?
    (Blaze)
    Swift
    Quick Attack
    Rollout
    Flamethrower

Sir Sterling

The Knight in Shining Silver
    Years
  • My favorite starter is Totodile, but I already have a Feraligatr in Diamond. Meganium is a real beauty, but I'm not the fondest of using Grass types and I don't like the Chikorita chain's moveset. So I'm going to use Cyndaquil.

Hopefully I'll manage to get through Johto with Typhlosion, Vaporeon, Ampharos (I might be willing to barter off since I have one in Diamond, but the chain is so cute!), Dodrio, Drowzee and Dratini. My friend got a Dratini very early in the game using her Pokewalker, so I'm hoping to go along the same route.

As for the others, I simply wanted something different! I almost always pick my favorite starter, but the Johto ones are equally great, despite my statement about Chikorita. Totodile used to be my one-go, but since I have one currently I wanted to try something new. My friend showed me how to get an Eevee from Bill, and I considered between Vaporeon, Jolteon, Umbreon and Espion. I narrowed it down to Espion and Vaporeon--I normally don't have the luxury of a Psychic type so Espion excited me. Vaporeon won in the end though. It is possible to get Drowzee in the Johto region, or so I've heard. One of my old game's JUGGERNAUTS was a Hypno, so I'd be willing to give the fat hippo-elephant guy another chance. :p

I absolutely adore almost all the birds, but I always pick Pidgey! I really wanted to give another one a chance, even though Pidgeot is always gonna be my right-hand bird. It was a jump between Spearow and Doduo, but eventually I decided I preferred to have Doduo. By the way. Please tell me why Doduo can learn Fly and Fearow can't learn Wing Attack. :|

I might opt out and get something in place of Mareep. As stated, I've already trained one, and I prefer many other types to Electric. But the little guy's just so cute.

My Kanto party is up for experimentation! Charmander's my favorite starter, but I'm picking Squirtle. This time I'm sticking with Pidgey, and I'm considering a Swablu too. But the first two are the only definites. Tauros, Butterfree, Arbok and Ariados are other considerations.

EDIT: Well, screw it. I always pick up a Water-type along the way and then fight over whether I want to keep it with a Water starter in the crew. I'll pick BULBASAUR!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told you can go through the Hoenn region as well. If that's the case, I am DEFINITELY recreating the best team I've ever had. I'm gonna get me Swampert, Swellow, Mightyena, Gardevoir, Hariyama and Lairon. The revival will be amazing. <3

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Undecided. Seriously. If you guys want to suggest a Pokemon for my team, that'd be welcome.

But for now, I got a Typhlosion, Gyarados, Ampharos and training a Dratini. Planed to get a Tyranitar but can't for the life of me know where to get it. Advice will also be most welcome.

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Espeon Lv100
    Ninetales Lv100
    Dragonite Lv100
    Lapras Lv100
    Snorlax Lv100
    Pikachu Lv100

They are such classics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.