• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When are you too old?

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Never :D I despise people who say Pokémon is for kids to play when they have never played the games properly themselves. If they don't want to play them, fine. But that doesnt give them the right to berate and belittle all of those who enjoy the games. Just because Pokémon doesnt have guns or zombies or other mature content doesn't make it less valuable as a game. I blame the anime being more aimed at kids that give people the impression that the games are the same. I have a friend [a girl!] who plays Metroid and Halo and still loves Pokémon!
    Heck, my older brother will be 20 this year and he still loves it deep down. He hasnt really played them since R/B/Y and maybe Gold but I showed him Castelia city and his jaw dropped :L I also know for a fact he has an illegitimate translated version of Green on his mobile phone :L

My own friends don't play Pokémon but my boyfriend and his friends do and they say that's what's awesome about me. Instead of being obsessed with celebrities and make-up and fashion like most girls my age... I'm obsessed with Pokémon XDXD I guess I'm just weird like that xD

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I've noticed that people often experience Pokemon gaming in this way:

Spoiler:

Now, I'm 28 and haven't been in University for years. Still playing, though!
    That is so eerie! Although, I'd probably would have been the smug sarcastic person in high school asking the long-haired guy why he was still playing Pokemon. But now at university... yeah!

I wouldn't say that Pokemon had a definite cut-off date, but I don't imagine myself playing it when I'm 50. It's more to do with individual personalities, how one responds to the quality of the games (or anime, TCG etc.) than simply an arbitrary number.

Back