• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When do you normally stop evolution on your pokemon?

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
Years
As for me:
* I normally dont evolve my Charmander until it's 32-33 (until it learns Flamethrower).
* I never let my Vigoroth in my party evolve coz I dont want one of my main fighters becoming a Slaking (coz I can't use it properly when it has Truant). Aside from that, I still get a Slaking, to fill my pokedex.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
Years
I usually have some Pokemon in their first stage so they can learn specific moves... couldn't tell a level, but I guess it'd be around the 20/30
Otherway I never cancel an evolution, I like to complete the Pokedex.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
Years
Only time I ever purposely stopped the evolution of one of my pokemon was back in Ruby I did it with my Mudkip, I evolved it somewhere around the early 50's. Don't remember why I just did lol. Otherwise I never stop an evolution.

Cham

Cool Trainer
Years
Usually just until they learn the last move I want them to know, so it depends on the monster. Example would be like your Charmander, I won't evolve him until he knows Flamethrower either. Sometimes I do it just for kicks, a level 60 Caterpie used throughout the main story is bad ass.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
I'd let them evolve around 30 makes it look like it has experienced a bit xD

lol, but no i hate pokemon getting evolved so early i love em' when they are cute puppies.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
hm... Well, normally if there is a pokemon i like the look of that wants to evolve i wouldnt let them :D

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
Years
Let's See Me.. My Clefairy i never used Moonstone on it when it was
Level 39 then when it's level 40 i used Moonstone ^_^
That's all what i can say >3 Cause i love Small Pokemons *giggles*

-Yasumin >3

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2016
to me it depends on looks. If I don't like the look of the final evolution, I won't evolve it, I'll think of a moveset beneficial to the pre evo.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
Years
Everytime i play a pokemon game i evolve them whenever they want to evolve. I don't really care if they learn moves earlier... I just use them to beat the game then i probably never use them again.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
It depends on who the Pokémon is and if I like it's first form, but I barely do this as I'm more of a collector. I need them to evolve or I won't be able to complete the game. XD

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I don't evolve my Vigoroth because Slaking sucks.
I don't evolve my pikachu until 60's.
I don't evolve any Pokemon that needs to trade in order to evolve.
Other than that I evolve all of them.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
Years
I don't evolve my Vigoroth because Slaking sucks.

DO HO HO

I must say, you are one of the best trolls I've seen on PC (which isn't quite an achievement considering that most of the ones here fail horribly). I admire how you placed the flamebait at the head of your post, but so casually. And the way you proceeded to make neutral statements as to garnish it... superb!

10/10, this was a work of art AND made me rage a bit.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
I start to let them evolve once they learn their strongest moves available. Can't explain why really, it's just something i've always done since Red and Blue.

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
The only pokemon I will never evolve now because it has become my most favorit pokemon ever is Vulpix. I used to evolve pokemon as soon as I got them. And really I still do. Execpt Vulpix. And I already have a Ninetails, so I see no reason to evolve my six Vulpix. I also have a level 49 Squirtle, but that's just because I want it to become level 100.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
Years
Everry game I rarely stopped my pokemon from evolving. However, in G/S when I got Chikorita I didn't evolve it at all. Seems weird, I know but Chikorita is one of my favorites so I always kept it there. Of course in other games I have wanted to have a Bayleaf then eventually Meganium to of course get the experience with all three. I usually take an interesting appraoch to it. Every other pokemon, pretty much I have let reach their strongest form.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
I usually would stop my Pokémon from evolving if I wanted them to learn a specific move, or if I like their non-evolved stage better, it all depends really.

Back