• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen When the metal games came out, did you pretend...

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    It never crossed my mind that they were the same character - and I was a stupid eight year old...

I viewed them as different characters, really - it never came to my mind when I first played that Gold could have been Red. Might have been partly due to the instruction menu as well which I believe named them, heh. (I named him after myself on my first playthrough, and Silver ??? because it said that was his name in the game XD).

Oh god I did that too. I didn't realize until I played through Gold a second time that I was actually supposed to name the rival. I was quite the wacky crustacean...

Geranyl

Resident Pikachu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Never thought that someone else woulda done this...

Oh, yeah, definitely. At the time, I had played Pokemon Yellow/Blue for 2-3 years, and wasn't about to let the main character become some... guy in an annoying orange shirt. my arguments are so convincing aren't they!

So I went along like that until the Red battle... where I somehow convinced myself I was fighting against an impostor. Because I never got every starter in Pokemon Yellow. lol my logic fails

CHAZ The Cat

Come Charmander light my fire~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    I did that in the first games. Specially Yellow, that was totally Ash, with Pikachu and, eventually, all the starters. For GSC I saw the character as a new up-and-comer ready to take over Red's legacy. The characters looked nothing alike, and the Pokémon you could catch were a lot different. For me, it was just like entering the anime and kicking Ash's... ash!

Back