• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen When to evolve Nidorina?

64b3

-:Old School Pokemon Player:-
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    Well, i've been training up my Nidorina but i want to evolve it a Nidoqueen. What lvl should she hit so i can evolve her. Also, whats a good moveset for her :classic:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Nidoqueen @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Earthquake
    - Superpower
    - Shadow Ball/Rock Slide

thepog

Wifi Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011

Around 50 'cos it'll have alot of though moves pokemon learn moves at there lower evolotions than there higher

Lapras1016

Water Poképhilic PKMN Master
    Years
  • Well, yeah, like so many Pokemon-that-evolve-by-Stones, Nidorina stops learning moves naturally when it evolves into Nidoqueen. However, it has one more move: Superpower at Level 43. But since it lowers Attack and Defense, I don't really like it.

For me, I'll evolve it as soon as Nidoran becomes Nidorina, since all of the attacks I have on this preferred set are TM-taught:

Nidoqueen @Leftovers
    Ability: Poison Point
    Nature: Quiet (-Speed, + Sp. Attack)
    Substitute/Double Team
    Focus Punch
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    EV's: 112 Attack, 146 Defense, 252 Special Attack

BOAH-Queen, as I call it, since like TyraniBOAH and BOAHNite, it's a Skarm-Bliss counter. Boltbeam hits anything at least neutrally but Chinchou/Lanturn and Magnemite/ton, and they can be taken care of with Focus Punch. Since I find it rather hard to use the Subpunch combo, you can replace Substitute with Double Team since maximized evasion is really hard to hit if you don't have perfect-accuracy attacks, and those are not very common.

Back