• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When Two Trainers Eyes Meet

Mekkalynx

Trainer Lynx
Years
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 7, 2017
    Here is a short discussion that I just pondered. Why is it that trainers must battle if their eyes meet?

Is it just a custom of trainers of the different regions to battle? Is it polite? What are your opinions on the tradition that trainers around the world partake in as well as your history or theories pertaining to this awesome ritual?

When Two Trainers Eyes Meet

Mekkalynx

Trainer Lynx
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 7, 2017
    True! I'm on of those completionist types myself, so as much as I hate battling sometimes, the fact that their might be a trainer I haven't battled annoys the crap out of me. (On a side note, Flight, how did you get that subtitle under your name?)

Mekkalynx

Trainer Lynx
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 7, 2017
    Especially early on in the game when you just want to explore the towns and areas quickly. I tend to try to skip trainers as much as possible until it's almost impossible to progress without battling then go back and battle them after I beat the E4 as post-game content. As per history, what do you think started the tradition of battling when you come across any trainer?

Back