• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When will Ash's voice start to mature?

Reira

Living For A Reason
Years
  • I really like the fact that Brock's voice got mature now. He's also like 20 years old, so I guess it was on time.

But Ash is what... 15 years old now? And his voice frankly still sounds like a 10 year old. .___.

So now I ask: "Will his voice ever mature?"

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • Maybe when they find a new voice actor. I don't think the one they got right now can possibly make it any deeper. T_T

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • He also still looks like a 10 year old and Brock is like 12.
    Word of God says Ash will never grow old so he'll still be 10 by the time I'm 20 and his voice is fine, makes him sound his age.
    Puberty wise. Never, he won't make it past 10 and a fraction of a half
    VA wise, yes they can make their tones different or whatever, but I highly doubt Ash will sound 'mature' any time soon

Years
  • I just wish he didn't sound like a mediocre voice actress straining her voice doing a character she's under-qualified to play.

Though I suppose that would be too much to ask.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Ash has been 10 for like...ever.

He's like Justin Bieber. Once his voice changes, no one will like him.

And besides, WHY would they make his voice deeper? Think about the children!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure he's 11 since during the Johto region he has a party with Pikachu celebrating their one year anniversary since they first met. So that's kinda proof he's not 10.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Can't wait XD

Ash is obviously never gonna go through puberty. His voice ain't gonna go any deeper any time soon, so you may as well live with it. This show is another example of the Simpsons syndrome. Time will obviously pass by but nobody ages.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    ^ Ash's Japanese voice is by a woman, too. It could just be a natural change in her voice, though. Pikachu's voice is a little different from how it used to be, too.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • It seemed like Ash's voice got deeper in the Advanced Gen. series (before the voice actor switch).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I tought it matured when they had the actor switch :\ I remember ridiculous comments on youtube videos saying "Ash has finaly gone though puberty, maybe he has aged XD)

They have a new voice actor for the Battle Frontier and Sinnoh seasons AND I HATE HER!!! Ash now sounds like Racheal Ray. His voice does get a little deeper as the series goes on but really his new voice is like he has a sore throat and he has a chip in his throat. Really Ash's newer voice EPIC FAIL

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Ash has been 10 for like...ever.

And besides, WHY would they make his voice deeper? Think about the children!

This .

Haha, made my day.
    But his voice will never change, its ash for gosh sakes!

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    He will when he finnaly reaches that point in his life and grows a pair

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • lets see, he was 10 when he first started his journey, 11 when he came back to pallet town to start training for the indigo leauge. (announcer said a year has passed so yeah) And he seemed that he was supposed to be 13 or 14 by the end of the johto saga.

and so on and so on and so on. I dont think he will get passed 11. He still acts like he knows nothing about pokemon sometimes in the newer episodes which kinda ticks me off. Back onto topic I dont think his voice will mature, I'd rather have Veronica Taylor doing his voice again.

Back