• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do we go after we die?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I can't be sure. I'd like to believe in the concept of heaven and hell; seems the most consequential, no? Also, reincarnation would be interesting.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Honestly, I believe that nothing happens. Heaven may seem nice but it's all too convenient. I'm perfectly content with nothing happening, too. From how I see it, humans are afraid of death. Heaven was just created as a mechanism to lessen that fear. Being afraid of death means you'll always be tied down because of that. If you just accept that death will happen and is inescapable, I feel like you'd be set free. I know I'll die some day, but I don't let it worry me.

Pudz

Incredible Edible Vegetarian
    Years
  • I never really was satisfied with explanations for the after-life, so one day I sat down and came up with my own. It's... mm... I guess it's sort of like Buddhism with a romantic, humanistic twist.

In my belief, what people call "souls" are made up of energy, and when we die that energy leaves our bodies. But the difference between what people think of as "souls" and energy is that a soul is one unified being, whereas energy is a quantity. Who's to say two souls can't converge into one with a strong enough force of attraction? That's sort of the standard theory for this belief.

The theory originates a lot from the idea of reincarnation, where when one organism dies its soul transfers into another organism. The only real difference in my belief is that if two people form a strong love for each other that attraction can pull two souls together into one. Of course, since each body only requires a certain amount of energy to function, that soul would split into two mixed products with the exact same energy signature. In theory, this means that anywhere in the world you have that one other person who is destined for you.

Now, a lot of people find their soul mates, right? There can't possibly be only one person for everyone. The chances of finding that person are so slim.
    But what if having the same energy signature as someone changed minor details in your life? Say your "soul mate" wanted a sandwich from one specific place. Because you both have the same energy signature, perhaps you also want that sandwich. And then you two bump into each other as coincidence. The point is that having the same energy signature can take the limitless number of variables in every day life and match them up between individuals, increasing their chances of meeting.

Not everything lines up perfectly. While it is true that the same energy signature can line up a ton of variables for you, they might not always be the right ones. Beyond that, some people don't even try finding their soul mates, or don't listen to their impulses. And some people don't even have a match yet - their energy signature never paired with someone in the past and they've yet to find someone they love enough to match with. In short - get out there and do stuff. That's really the best advice.

There is no doubt you can love more than one person in your life. Say your husband died serving your country and you found someone else years later. And you love them both so much. That's because while you can only share an energy signature with one person, you can still come close to matching other people. And you could live the rest of your life happily with one of those people. But anyone who found their "one" will tell you - when you have your soul-mate you know it. And there isn't a doubt in the world.

And that's... my belief on the after-life. Phew...

Back