• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where to Catch Them All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Hi,

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold & Silver on the Game Boy Colour. I've just bought a 3DS and I've borrowed a DS. Could someone tell me if it's possible to collect all Pokemon using the DS/3DS and if so what games would I need?

Thank you very much. :)

Edit:

I missed the question mark in the title if someone could add it I'd really appreciate it. :)

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yes, it is very possible. If you're looking to do it without trading though you'd probably need both FireRed and LeafGreen, Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver, and Black and White. That's because of version exclusives, but this forum has a huge trading area that would be more than willing to trade you pretty much any breedable Pokemon with no hassle because it's not a big deal, so that would cut out one in each of the pairs I listed. In addition, you can trade for the rest if you didn't want to buy all the games, but it might be a bit more difficult to trade for legendaries and you might have to offer something of value in return.

Good luck!

EB

Re: World
    Years
  • Ratatat - Mirando

If you have one game from each generation (FR/LG, R/S/E, D/P/Pt, HG/SS, and B/W) you should be able to obtain all of them if you finish each game and pay attention the outbreaks that occur over the region after the you beat the Elite Four.

EDIT:

Trading does help, too. ^-^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Thank you both very much for answering me so quickly. I don't have any games yet my last Pokemon game was Gold & Silver. I don't mind buying the games though the only reason I would not trade via the forum is that we don't have our Wi-Fi turned on but that's easily fixed.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You should also keep in mind that you can't play FR/LG/Emerald on a DSi, DSi XL, or a 3DS, just the regular DS and DS Lite. Sooo if the DS you're borrowing isn't one of those then you should probably skip that generation and trade for what you can't get from anywhere else.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Thanks Toujours the "other" DS plays the older cartridges, I should have mentioned that in my OP. :embarrass

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    From what I have read it's almost impossible to get Celebi legitimately without cheating. Shame she was one of my favorites back in the day... :disappoin

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You could find one in the Trade Corner probably, along with some other event Pokemon. Anyway though, you've gotten your answer, so I'll close this now. Please use a Q&A thread next time. They're in each Pokemon gaming section. :)

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back