• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wheres the Fire Types?

What do you think of the Fire Type's Disappearence?

• Bring Back the Fire Types!

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Who Cares? I Don't Like Them!

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Fire Types Aren't Disappearing!

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
Years
  • Over time, i noticed that Fire types are disappearing from the game. In the 4th generation, there were very few fire types. There are more Electric types then Fire types, and fire has always more of a main type then Electric. Where's the fire? Where's the love?

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Yes, there are very few Fire-Types, yet there are quite a few Legendary Fire-Types. (Ho-Oh, Moltres, Entei, Heatran). I suppose it's because it's not easy to create an original Fire type, if you've noticed a lot of them have a flame on their tail or a tail which is a flame.

I don't know, maybe I'm just making excuses for the creators. But there should be pleanty considering Fire is one of the three "main types". I mean 19% of all Pokemon are Water types!!

"Fire has always more of a main type than Electric" ? That really doesn't make any sense. Oh and just to let you know, fire is extremely overused, so in this case, I'm only pretty happy about the decrease. On the bright side, there are pokemon that can learn fire attacks. Isn't that good enough?

Yes, but there were only 5 Fire types introduced in Gen IV. The Starter and its evolutions (Chimchar - Monferno - Infernape), Magmortar and the Legendary Heatran. No original ones really :/

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
  • Yup

Jim said what I meant about "Fire being more of a main type," to clear things up. Also, your'e right, the very few fire types are usually overused. Plus, fire attacks can be learned by a wierd amount of Pokemon. Fire types are used alot in legendaries, probably because fire is a hugely powerful and magestic element (who knows why).

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I guess they just got missed out, but in DP you can trade any pokemon you want into at the begining of the game so it doesnt seem like a big problem.

Oversoul

Quiet you.
    Years
  • The reasoning behind the lack of Fire types in fourth gen is most likely that Sinnoh is a very cold region, as evident by Mt. Coronet and Snowpoint. With the temperature being so low i would imagine that it would be hard for species of Fire pokemon to survive.

RotomVolt

Ghost Static
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2008
    I'm glad there's less Fire-types, there needs to be more Poision-type Pokemon.

killin_kobra

Pokemon Ruler
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2009
    Ive noticed that theres loads more electric. It is so unfair. FIRE TYPES RULE. How many electric type legendaries is there? Not very many. Because they are not worth it

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
  • Add

Just to correct you, Rotom isn't legendary. I actually have a new post about Pokemon belived to be legendary. He he.

Back