• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which character would you like to see in the next SSB?

AikuSeverin

Dark Trainer
    Years
    i vote for Pheonix Wright! i mean hell, me n my 2 other smash friends already wrote up a moveset for him, such as his ^B "APPEAL TO GRAVITY!"

and id love to see Mewtwo back, he was my main in brawl (and still is), and id love to see Travis Touchdown, he'd be epic in smash.

AikuSeverin

Dark Trainer
    Years
    That might be even worse. Might as well throw Mickey in there if you are gonna put Sora. :\ Just keep the Smash Bros. to core gaming mascots.

they'd used all thier core gaming mascots, they dont really have another other origanals without putting side characters and minor characters in, like say putting blood falcon or black shadow from Fzero in, it'd just be like more clones.

Mad Hatteress

Just a little glitchy
    Years
    It will never, ever happen but I'd kill to see Kai Doumeki from the Ouendan games. It would be sweet if Saito and Suzuki would pop up for his assist trophy. They could greatly amplify his power buy cheering him on.

It's a shame Microsoft now has Rareware. I would've enjoyed seeing Conker as a consideration.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Please tell me this is'nt real. Another fan-boy that thinks Final Fantasy Characters belong in Smash Bros. People, let Cloud and Sephiroth stay in FFVII.
    And Dissidia and random fighting games and on the internet and referenced in subsequent games and... Anyway.

I enjoy Sqaure's games. Does not equal fanboy. I've been harping more upon Disgaea and TWEWY than FF, anyhow.

And I never said I wanted Cloud in. Sora would, in terms of skillset and from as neutral a position as I can assume, be a viable option, as would a great number of third-party characters. Pokemon is made by a separate company, you know. They create game for Ninty's systems, like Square, but it technically makes them third-party. So there. =P

Wooly

zX
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2013
    I remember when I was so pumped for this game to come out. Everyday people would post fake rosters and it would piss me off so much lol.

As for characters, I always wanted someone from Animal Crossing, namely the main character, or Tom Nook to be playable. For some reason, I always thought they'd work really well with the game. Banjo-Kazooie would be another one.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    they'd used all thier core gaming mascots, they dont really have another other origanals without putting side characters and minor characters in, like say putting blood falcon or black shadow from Fzero in, it'd just be like more clones.

That's the way I was looking at it as well.

&& Kingdom Hearts was just an idea like, "Hey what if?"

Felix from Golden Sun is the only one I'm adamant on. && seeing as there's rumours going around about a Golden Sun game for the Wii, it wouldn't be too outrageous.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Soap From Modern Warfare 2
    Mudkip From Pokemon
    A Nude Samus or Zelda for the Adult Gamers
    WENT!

All serious now...

Tetra from the Toon Legend of Zelda Series (Final Smash a ship comes out of no where?)
    Minda from the Hyrule Legend of Zelda Series (Final Smash is she turns human and everyone is immobilized due to being attracted)
    Majora Skullkid from the Mask Legend of Zelda Series (Final Smash is dropping the moon)
    Shadow from The Sonic Series (Final Smash being Chaos Blast)
    Lyra and the Three Johto Starters from the Pokemon Series (Final Smash ?)

All I got right now.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    Well people thought that the Starfox characters would all be the same, but they all handle very different. I think they moved out of the clone problem that they had in Melee.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Mega Man is missing a place in Brawl, badly. >> The entire franchise is absent. It deserves a spot.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    BLOOPER! from Mario series -

B - Shoots water out of mouth. Hold down to charge.
    Up+B - squirts a cloud of ink below him to charge upward
    Side+B - Slaps with tentacles. Hold down to charge.
    Down+B - Simillar to ike's and Lucario's down+B. He simply blocks himself and if hit, strikes back.

FINAL SMASH: Squirst a giant cloud of ink all over the opponents screen causing them not being able to see on Wi-fi. For CPU they simply will Be paralyzed and not be able to move.

DARK SAMUS! from metroid series. (pretty much a clone of Samus.)

B - Charges a beam of Phazon similar to Samus' B but not as fast and much stronger.
    down+B - Slams fist on ground causing a wave of phazon to hit any foes within range.
    side+B - Shoots Phazon missle. very similar to Samus' missle. Only stronger and not as fast.
    Up+B - Simply dashes upward and hurts any foes that's above her.

FINAL SMASH - Shoots a giant beam of phazon into the air. Moments later, phazon comes raining down and whoever the phazon drops hit take severe damage but NO knockback.

SHADOW! from the Sonic series. (pretty much a clone of sonic.)

B - Throws a chaos emerald. Hold to charge.
    down+B - Same as sonic only more powerful and not as fast.
    Side+B - Dashes foward arm outstretched. Hold to charge.
    Up+B - Simply dashed upward but doesn't hurt anyone in his way similar to Lucario.

FINAL SMASH - Same as when you release him from an assist trophy in Brawl. Pretty much everyone is slowed for 15 seconds. And also take a little amount if damage while they are slowed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    First, replace Lucario with Mewtwo. I know, Lucario is cool, but too darn overrated. Second, I want Pokémon trainer to go bye bye and have an ONLY Pokémon, I say Aggron, Dusknoir, Rhydon or any big, slow but strong Pokémon. And third, I want Sonic to be removed compeletely. Yes, Mario vs Sonic would be cool, but Sonic now is....meh. But I can't argue if the new Sonic will be like the old one.

Adding characters, maybe Megaman, but I don't like non-nintendo characters in a nintendo game. I say Bowser Jr., Petey Piranah, Waluigi are cool. I would also like to see more F-Zero characters.

That's all. I don't really care what will the next SSB will be like, seeing as I'm not interested in Nintendo games anymore.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    More pkmn characters :D

Mewtwo
    Chimchar (ya, it fots good enough)
    Abra
    Bagon
    Treecko
    Lake trio

Years
    Guys, guys, guys...

This is Ryu Hayabusa. Star of the well known Temco franchise "Ninja Gaiden", which originally appeared on the NES.

Hayabusa knows how to use a variety of different weapons, and has a variety of techniques to defend himself from rival ninjas, the military, etc. He's also appeared in the well known fighting game franchise "Dead or Alive".

Now, while not the most obvious third party character, with Metroid Other M getting developed by Team Ninja (the company within Temco that makes the Ninja Gaiden games) there's obviously a relationship between the two companies. Hayabusa is also a classic NES character, like Simon Belmont and Mega Man. So It's quite possible to see this guy in a future Smash Bros game, fighting alongside Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Solid Snake.

The Who?

What is THIS doing in my hat?!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    it'd be nice to see a hg/ss trainer to replace the pokemon trainer in the next game.... and DEFINITLY PAC-MAN. (his final smash would make everyone turn into blue ghosts and he'll eat them all and sen them flying :D)

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    Guys, guys, guys...

This is Ryu Hayabusa. Star of the well known Temco franchise "Ninja Gaiden", which originally appeared on the NES.

Hayabusa knows how to use a variety of different weapons, and has a variety of techniques to defend himself from rival ninjas, the military, etc. He's also appeared in the well known fighting game franchise "Dead or Alive".

Now, while not the most obvious third party character, with Metroid Other M getting developed by Team Ninja (the company within Temco that makes the Ninja Gaiden games) there's obviously a relationship between the two companies. Hayabusa is also a classic NES character, like Simon Belmont and Mega Man. So It's quite possible to see this guy in a future Smash Bros game, fighting alongside Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Solid Snake.
    If they could get Team Ninja to agree I would love that. Ryu is my best DOA character.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    Waluigi.

The Koopalings (Bowser's seven kids from SMB3)

Various characters from the Tales franchise if Namco will let Nintendo include them.
    Yes to Waluigi! First he needs to be in a REAL Mario game though. I would also love to see the Koopalings played as an Ice Climbers or Pokemon Trainer style. Good ideas though.

Back