• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Game should I get?

Which Game should I get?

• Gold

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Silver

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Crystal

Votes: 28 65.1%

• Total voters

Cooltrainer Lance

Flannery Fanboy
Years
  • I can buy a game and I really want to get a metal color game. I have R/S/E and Fire Red. My bro is going to buy a link so yeah I really want to get one of the above games which one should i get? I really like Crystal's options but I want to see what other people think.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
  • Well, Lance I would suggest to you Crystal. I never played Crystal, but I knew many who had. Crystal was an equal combo of Gold and Silver. It added the first Battle Tower(in a sense), and Suicune was able to be caught easily.

In the end all of these threads about which should I pick turn out with the same answer. Pick what you like. You do not need to listen to us, and what we say because we do not know what you think.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    i shall also suggest u to buy crystal,as its some sort of combination of gold n silver + new feature...however,if u really like to have tons of lvl 100 pokemon n use cheat,then it have to be gold n silver as in crystal u cant use duplication trick...however,we are here just to give our opinion,pls buy it according to ur 'taste' as its ur money and u buy it for urself... ^^

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    I'd go with gold.I think its the best of the three.

klaus

I know, i'm sexy.
    Years
  • Gold and Silver are basicly the same,'cept with pokemon appearence.

Crystal, I think, would probably be the best one to get. I got all three and it
    really doesn't make a difference. So, get the one you want. We aren't in your head.

As always, be kind to the mime.

Mr.Mime

At Pikachu's Party
    Years
  • I prefer silver not a proper reason really probably because its got my best file on it and it is my fav colour lol :P

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    Crystal, because it has the best graphics, and animations, and the battle tower.

Years
  • Crystal has tha most advanced plot of 'em all, tch, an' tha same pkmn as Gold. Either go for Silver or Crystal.

I say Crystal, because it's more complex, tch, but Ho-oh'll be harder ta get. Oo;

mew_rocks

Sell the kids for food
    Years
  • Crystal all the way. It is far more inproved than G/S and has more to do. My favouite metal/color game was crystal.

Rukario Trainer

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 23, 2005
    I would suggest krystal because it has cool pokemons and it's related to gold and silver

Years
  • From personal point of view, I do like to have either Aeroblast on my Lugia or Sacred Fire on Ho-oh. Sure, they're ubers, but if you ever play an uber-battle you do want them to be as strong as possible.

Back