• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which gen do you like best?

Best gen?

• 1st gen: the revolutionary RPG that started it all!

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 2nd gen: the amazing followup!

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • 3rd/4th gen: the games that kept the series going!

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Always going to be the 1st generation for me. Virtually all my favourites come from that generation, and without them we wouldn't have any Pokemon whatsoever!

I loved the 2nd generation though as well. I remember I was so hyped up when they were first announced, and Pokemon Gold/Silver were/are amazing.

Don't know much about the 3rd gen, and the 4th gen is ok. The amount of legends that have been introduced is a bit silly now though I think.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2008
    The first gen was the one that got me hooked on the series. Basically when I look back on my childhood I think of myself playing the Pokemon games, watching the Pokemon show, or collecting the Pokemon cards.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • second gen was the best by far. there weren't a ridicuolous amount of pokemon (i mean, seriously, do we need 493 different pokemon to catch?) and the story was pretty good. I'd like to see an official GSC remake, but it would be defeating the point if it had all 493 in it....

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
  • I like the second generation best because Crystal was the first Pokémon game I ever played.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I like 3rd and 4th. The 2nd comes close too, and 1st was my least favorite.

Back