• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Generation is your favorite?

What was your favorite generation?

• Gen. I

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • Gen. II

Votes: 60 47.6%
  • Gen. III

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Gen. IV

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters

PokemonLegacy

A.K.A Legacy @ BMGf
Years
  • Same here, estebonort. I was a little tyke when the Pokemon phenomenon hit the world and I'll always remember it. I will be a Gen. 1 fan for life!!

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    First gen does not deserve to be best just 'cause it came first.
    Second gen and first gen are like yin and yang.
    This gen brought a very different atmosphere to the game (helloooooo, move split?). But, let's face it--nobody was satisfied with every single new evo.

I stand by AG. The anime was enjoyable except maybe a few unfair Gym fights. The Battle Frontier was a new flavour. The TCG sets were my favourites. Contests came. The plentiful new pokemon rightfully stole the limelight from I+II. Yep, the Trick Master takes the cake!

Years
  • Generation II, pretty easily. I love G1 and give it a ton of credit for starting everything off, but there's no matching G2 IMO. I started on G1, but I remember all the speculation and rumors about G2 before it came out; it was pretty exciting, actually, to see Pokémon like Snubbull, Marill, and Donphan in the first movie (not to mention Togepi in the anime) and to try to figure out what other new Pokémon there were, and everyone got really excited when we realized that not only was there gonna be a new region with 100 new Pokémon, but there were also baby Pokémon and new evolutions, and two new types! Not to mention the day/night system, berries, and the ability to go back to Kanto after you finished the game. The Johto Pokémon were all great and they melded nicely with the G1 Pokémon, and let's not forget that it also includes the excellent Pokémon Stadium 2, which improved upon the already-great formula of the first Stadium game.

G3 was a huge letdown for me at the time it was released...while I've come to appreciate it more over the years, I was always hugely disappointed by the fact that you could only visit one region in the game and that you couldn't even catch all the Pokémon--you couldn't even trade from previous generations, and a lot of my favorites were left in the dust. They also got rid of the day/night system, and while I thought there were some improvements to the game, I found that overall the changes made for a less enjoyable experience than G2 for me, although FRLG was a big improvement to the generation, as you could now use most Pokémon again. I also didn't really like many of the new Pokémon, and none of them really even come close to my favorites from the first two generations. I still enjoy my G3 games, but I'd much rather be playing Crystal or even Yellow than Emerald. I haven't played G4, so I won't comment on that, except to say that I don't like many of the new Pokémon designs at all.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
  • I simply can't stand Gen. II because it is full of really annoying baby Pokemon. If there's one thing I hate is when they make a Pre-Evolution or an Evolution of a Pokemon in an older Generation.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
  • I agree with templekeeper.
    Generation III is what got me into it in the first place.

Yeah, 3rd generation of Pokemon for life.

EDIT: I edited my to post to make it much longer. I wanted to do this a long time ago, but I was tired that day.

Gen. I & II: I merge this two Pokemon generations together because I like them the same way. R/B/Y had the best music out of all the Pokemon games. The Kanto gym leaders were the best and appealing. I do slightly like Kanto over Johto. But G/S/C did have some better improvements. They introduced the Poke'Gear, you can listen to the radio. The phone was a little aggravating, however, your mother can give you some hidden items to put in your room. G/S/C had some really cool caves to explore too.

Gen. III: The third generation of Pokemon? Where do I began? This is the best generation of Pokemon I have ever experience in my life. Let me get started with the Hoenn region, this region was the outstanding region. Hoenn was the best region that Game Freak has ever created to me. Hoenn had numerous of secret bases to explore, also in different colors, red, blue, dark brown, light brown and green. You can collect ornaments to design your secret bases, I found this fun. The contests were good for Poke'Blocks. You can use a HM called "Dive" to go underwater and find rare items, Pokemon to capture, caves and secrets to unlock my favorite legendary trio, the Regies! The Hoenn region was so creative, there were awesome volcanoes, ice bergs caves, power plants, rain forest, ghost towers, nice islands, nice rocky caves, the Trick Master, Battle Frontier, creative cities, it had everything you can possibly enjoy. The Hoenn is really in superb shape. No other region good as this had so many great landforms in one ultimate combination. I don't care what people say, Hoenn was extremely fun. Now the Pokemon games in the third generation; R/S/E were the best Pokemon games I have ever played. May & Brendan were really interesting and had the best personality and style. To me, Team Aqua & Team Magma were the best villains out of all the team villains. Characters in this region had really good personalities. You can use a device called the Poke'Nav to find trainers, challenges, hobbies and their true classification. Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire had the best story line. It was an excellent plot with Groudon, Rayquaza and my number one favorite legendary Pokemon, Kyogre! Finally, FR/LG; these R/B remake games were a better improvement. This introduced the V.S. Seeker, Sevi Islands and new actives with Wireless Adapter. Also, in the third generation games, you can go mystery islands that are outside the regions, Southern Island, Navel Rock, Birth Island and Faraway Island.

Gen. IV: This generation had too many flaws. I didn't like their new sprites (out battle) buildings and characters to make Sinnoh, therefore, I won't enjoy HG/SS. This is the reason why I didn't put Heart Gold & Soul Silver on my upcoming games list. They basically ripped off those big bulky annoying D/P sprites and put it on HG/SS. That is messed up. Now back to D/P/Pt; the music was not that interesting. I am not saying that it is bad, but the music wasn't as interesting as the previous Pokemon Versions. The Pokemon cries have gotten worst. On the positive side, the battles have better graphics, cool move effects and these Pokemon games introduces to connect to Nintendo WiFi.

So I got to say that Gen. III was outstanding, Gen I & Gen II was good and Gen IV was fair.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Honestly, I like the first generation. I never really got into the second generation; I guess I just wasn't in the right place at the right time? I dunno. But seriously, I loved Missingno., and trying to look for new glitches. ^^

The Dragon Master Is Back

Go For It Gengar
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2009
    Gen 1 and Gen 2 Rule forever!
    Escpecially Gen 1 because it has the first pyschic/ ghost/ dark gym leader!
    Sabrina...
    She Rules Forever aswell...
    And also because Gengar was brought out in the 1st generation I think....
    Im over dragons now my new type is ghost, pshycic and dark type pokemon.

Tennis_Lion818

Gold Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    I believe that Gen 2 is the best, partly because i've only gotten that far, but maybe I might like the other Gens more. I don't know, but I'm nearly done with Gen 2 so I'm looking forward towards Gen 3.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Generation Two was my favorite. It has some of my favorite Pokémon in it.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Generations one and two have always been my favorite. Kanto and Johto FTW. :)

I am in agreement in the text I have quoted above.

I've given Gen II the nod over Gen I. GSC were more accomplished games than RBY, both aesthetically and technically. The Gen II had some of my favourite features (Day & Night for example).

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Generation II, had some of my favorite pokemon in it, favorite towns, and gym leaders. Not to mention it had two regions to explore.

Back