• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Generation is your favorite?

What was your favorite generation?

• Gen. I

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • Gen. II

Votes: 60 47.6%
  • Gen. III

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Gen. IV

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
    As I stated before, I like the Pokemon in Gen II, but Gen II simply for the nostalgia. I also never bothered with Gen III because it looks bad to me and I recently just got into Gen IV and it's so far so good.

Gen I > Gen II > Gen IV > Gen III

Last edited:

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    nothing beats the classic(IMO) , Gen I & II FTW...

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    Definitely fourth generation. It has every Pokemon known thus far, plus it's graphics are sexy. While first gen showed me the world of Pokemon, fourth gen brought me back after a long hiatus.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    Kantou will always be my favorite, I believe. I started with it. It's what I got into Pocket Monsters with, and it's still the classic, and simply the best ever IMO. :-)

RUBY8

POKEMON FTW
    Years
    I loved the first one because that is where the magic happened, the second is just below the first one the third one is okay, the fourth..............................rather not say.

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    Gen 3, it contains most of my favourite Pokemon, also characters and locations. Gen 3 legendaries are also the best imo.

HamsterPants

Worm Trainer
    Years
    When it comes to the question of which generation is the better one, there is no argument that Generation 1 is the best; and it is also my favorite.

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
    I have a tie between Generations II and IV.
    Generation II contains a few of my favorites (Tyranitar, Typhlosion, Ho-oh, Lugia, Feraligatr), and it also brings back thoughts of warm nostalgia whenever I remember playing Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal.
    Generation IV brings upon a lot more of my favorite Pokemon (Torterra, Arceus, Magmortar, Electivire, just to name a few), but it lacks the inspiration that the second generation had. It's gotten better with some of the legendary Pokemon, but with common Pokemon, the inspiration just isn't as common.

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
    I like generation IV the best. I think it's because i always like each generation more and more.

Am i the only one who hates generation II? O_o It's the favourite in the poll, and i'm kinda surprised, hehe...XD

Ice Grimm

Mirotic
    Years
    Gen I and IV are my favorites: mostly because I grew up on Gen I and Gen IV is has many things improved. Ecks-Dee, I don't think you are the only one who doesn't like Gen II, I am myself not very fond of it. But that's only my opinion, it's still a good Gen, but it doesn't suit me very well

Last edited:

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
    Well, that's a relief XD Don't get me wrong, i love a couple of the pokemon from gen II, like Ampharos and a few others, but i don't like ANY of the starters.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Generation III, but only really FRLG

I, to be honest, liked the Gen 1 pokemon most, not just because they were first, but because they were interesting and clearly weren't just the sound of the developers scraping the bottom of a metaphorical barrel (Bidoof, I'm looking at you)

However, the Gen 1 graphics were horrendous. I'm that someone is going to reply going "OMG U LIEK GRAPHIX NUT GAMPLAI U IS SHALOW", but I just like to have the sprites at least be correct. Look at the Koffing sprite for R/B, for example. And the backsprites...oh dear.

Gen 2, while great, was not the OH MY GOD SUPER MEGA AWESOME JOHTO REGION that everyone seems to think it is, but It does get kudos for having decent graphics and a gamplay that is probably the best of the series, though not by much.

Gen 3 (Hoenn) was like the opposite of Johto - the grahics were great but the gameplay wasn't amazing if I'm honest and some of the new Pokemon just didn't gel well imho.

TLDR version : Gen 1 & 2 were too bad graphically, Gen 3 & 4 have not great gameplay.

Plus, FRLG has nostalgia :D

ScarletSuzu

Suwako!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    Gen. II was my favorite. Probably because it was what I played as a kid. I love how you can go back to Kanto, too.

That's why I'm so excited for the remakes!

In my opinion:
    2 > 1 > 3 > 4 (but that's probably because I'm not as into pokemon as I used to be, so I don't enjoy the new games quite as much.)

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    I started with Gen I and I loved it dearly, but Gen II was simply amazing for me. Gen III was alright but I was a little disappointed after what we got with g/s/c, it just felt like a step backwards and was probably one of the reasons I burned out on Pokemon for a while. Gen IV was very fun and is what pulled me back into the world of Pokemon. It still wasn't quite as good as the first 2 generations, but I still enjoyed Gen IV very much.

So basically for me it's II > I > IV > III

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    As I stated before, I like the Pokemon in Gen II, but Gen II simply for the nostalgia. I also never bothered with Gen III because it looks bad to me and I recently just got into Gen IV and it's so far so good.

Gen I > Gen II > Gen IV > Gen III

That's pretty much the same way I feel about the generations.

Back