• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which generation Pokémon entered in which season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I'm trying to find out which generation pokémon entered in which season of the anime? The anime generations are kinda mixed up, cuz the generation 2 pokémon appeared in generation/series 1 of the anime, "The Original Series" (Season 3).

Here's what I already know:

Generation 1 Pokémon : Season 1, Generation 1.
    Generation 2 Pokémon : Season 3, Generation 1.
    Generation 3 Pokémon : ??
    Generation 4 Pokémon : ??
    Generation 5 Pokémon : Season 14, Generation 4.

Help me find out the season# for 3rd and 4th generation pokémon please.

Thanks!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Generation 1 - Indigo League (Season 1), Adventures in the Orange Island (Season 2)

Generation 2 - Johto Journeys (Season 3), Johto League Champions (Season 4), Master Quest (Season 5)

Generation 3
    - Advanced (Season 6), Advanced Challenge (Season 7), Advanced Battle (Season 8), Battle Frontier (Season 9)

Generation 4 - Diamond and Pearl (Season 10), Battle Dimension (Season 11), Galactic Battles (Season 12), Sinnoh League Victors (Season 13)

Generation 5 - Black and White [Best Wishes] (Season 14)

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Gotcha! Thanks man :)

So apparently only generation 1 of anime has two generations of pokémon. Generation 2, 3, and 4 of anime are pokemon generation 3, 4, 5. Makes sense now.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Gotcha! Thanks man :)

So apparently only generation 1 of anime has two generations of pokémon. Generation 2, 3, and 4 of anime are pokemon generation 3, 4, 5. Makes sense now.
    If you go to Pokemon.com, they have an Episode's guide and the seasons listed. You could very well look that up.

Go to the Tab "Pokemon TV" and one of the option is "Episode Encyclopedia"

Hope this helps too!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Oh do they mention generation too? K I'll try that when I'll be on computer. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2013
    Sometimes there are a few Pokemon that are introduced earlier than their Generations region is such as Togepi and Marill being brought in during Kanto/Orange Islands and May's Munchlax is brought in during the Generation 3 times but I can't remember if it was Hoenn or the Kanto Battle Frontier though.

But they are rare cases and are really just to introduce the new series.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    True. They showed Ho-oh in the very first episode of pokemon itself ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back