• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which girl do you think will be perfect for Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Why mention the Japanese version, you ask? Cause it's the FIRST version. The original. Any other version that comes out came out after the Japanese version. Anything that isn't similar to the Japanese version was NOT done by the creators and writers of the anime. 4Kids, for example, does absolutely no work for the story, yet they feel they need to add in hints. Why? Why go out of your way to change something that was never there to begin with?

Regarding "shipping" in the Japanese version, going nuts over someone asking if you're together with someone is a COMMON THING that occurs even in real life. It's embarassing when people assume something is going on and can become annoying, hence why Satoshi or Kasumi spaz out when someone mentions anything. Not to mention, Satoshi is ABSOLUTELY DENSE WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE. He couldn't possibly give any hints of attraction to someone if he's completely unaware of the concept itself.

This is the best post in this thread.

HashiriyaR32

GT-R Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 2, 2008
    same here (only eight characters for my post. This is why I don't like the 25 character minimum, 'cause I can't make short replies)

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Weeeeeeeeeeelll...I think Misty's perfect for Ash. ^^ Not only have the two known each other the longest, but they just look soooooo kawaii together! ^^

Some might say differently, but I personally don't consider May to be a great match for Ash. She's like ten and Ash's fourteen. XD No matter, I just think Ash and Misty are such a cute couple. :3

~Kelsey

Deoxyz

Also known as Bianca.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2006
    Shipping between people who haven't even reached teens is sick.

May looks 14, she is so skinny! 0_0

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013

Yeah, I think Misty also. *Imagines them together.....*
    Who knows, maybe there would be fights between them becuase of Ash's stupidity...*At least I think he has stupidity in that brain of his...*

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Ash and Misty are going to be together. There's been several hints--Ghost of Maiden's Peak episode, 3rd Orange League Gym Battle, multiple fights (Elite Trainer Raven: It's well-known that people in love DO fight a lot, and Ash and Misty DEFINITELY qualify), and all the tons of hints in the movies...Or, at least, Misty is in love with Ash moreso than the other way around, but it IS a 2-way relationship--Ash just hasn't been as obvious yet, but that'll change when he grows up.

Oh, and Elite Trainer Raven: A quick lesson in general anime rules:

1. Whenever the main character is a male and meets a girl the first couple episodes or even BEFORE the anime, with only one exception I can think of, those two people fall in love and get married when grown up.

2. Japanese versions of animes do NOT apply in the US. There are several things that occur in Japan that do not occur here, which is why they have to change the series to fix that (look at all the original episodes they had to kick out when the series came over).

3. Whenever someone leaves the series supposedly for good but then comes back for more than one episode in a row, they're going to be VERY, VERY important to the main character in the future, especially when of opposite genders.

Anyway, as for May.............uh, heheheh...........I...I personally think for some reason that she'll end up with Brock......................

Years
    Oy vey! Must we fight over something like this again and again and again...

All right, I'll stop there. Anyways, what Elite Trainer Raven said is VERY true. I don't know about you guys, but I discover that the English counterparts are different than their Japanese counterparts, some much more noticably than others. The biggest one I've discovered so far was the difference between Misty and Kasumi. Misty has thrown hints every which way at Ash, but Ash is very thick-skulled, and therefore doesn't see any of it. Kasumi, according to many sources, including Elite Trainer Raven, has shown very little, if any, strong affection towards Satoshi, but then again, he's very thick-skulled as well...

I'd have to argue about the fact that versions that have been released after the Japanese version, though. In a previous post, people have said other versions, especially 4Kids', have sent their ideas to the producers of Pok?mon. In other words, Japan listens to the other versions, and may have been influenced by their ideas.

Anyways, if there was a girl for Ash Ketchum (not Satoshi!), it'd be Misty for all the reasons people have said in this thread.

Oh, and don't tell Elite Trainer Raven he doesn't know anime. I'm pretty sure that he knows more about the show than any of us. (at least the Japanese version)
    Also, when the series was originally out, only three of a little over 50 were banned. (hey, I'm supprised that they added the trigger-happy Safari Zone Sheriff!)

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Ichapokemr said:
    (Elite Trainer Raven: It's well-known that people in love DO fight a lot, and Ash and Misty DEFINITELY qualify)
    Lamest excuse..EVER. So that must mean that long time rivals who want to kill eachother whenever they get the chance to fight means they love eachother. Worst logic, ever.

Ichapokemr said:
    1. Whenever the main character is a male and meets a girl the first couple episodes or even BEFORE the anime, with only one exception I can think of, those two people fall in love and get married when grown up.
    Newsflash. Pocket Monsters is NOT like every other anime. There's no blood, no nudity, no extreme amounts of swearing (nothing past the once on a blue moon "damn"), no extreme violence or anything like that. Anime doesn't HAVE to have two characters being lovey dovey with eachother, yanno. e_e

Ichapokemr said:
    2. Japanese versions of animes do NOT apply in the US. There are several things that occur in Japan that do not occur here, which is why they have to change the series to fix that (look at all the original episodes they had to kick out when the series came over).
    Even worse logic. Original episodes kicked out when the series was brough over? Only THREE were pulled because of censorship issues (and a world-wide ban on one). It's still the same story and so forth. Adding shipping is not a fix. It's a BIG change that is not meant to occur and completely affects the character's original personality.

Ichapokemr said:
    3. Whenever someone leaves the series supposedly for good but then comes back for more than one episode in a row, they're going to be VERY, VERY important to the main character in the future, especially when of opposite genders.
    Funny how Satoshi really didn't look back at anything regarding Kasumi when she left, nor did he really think of her as more than a friend when she left. The ONLY time he ever thought of her was when the Rocket Gang had him trapped in a pit and tried gassing him out. He whipped out the napkin Kasumi gave him and the utensils Takeshi gave him and used those as ways to remember that his friends are always with him. He even said it loud and clear in the Japanese and English versions. FRIENDS. Kasumi stopped being an important character since Johto and has been dull ever since. I highly doubt anything's going on between her and Satoshi now that they're on their seperate paths.

Years
    Uh... Jeez, Elite Trainer Raven. A little late on the post there?

I guess your logic makes sense...
    Just, it probably could ruin people's hopes and dreams on the issue. Of course I'm undeterred!

I do find it somewhat disturbing that Ash/Satoshi had only used Misty/Kasumi's hankerchief once since she gave it to him. Maybe they didn't want to 'cause of May/Haruka? (You know why I did the names by now...)

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    He's used it twice, actually. :P He wiped off Subame's mouth with it after it ate the chocolate they gave it when they had first met.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    The same episode he got it. When escaping the pitfall the Rocket Gang made. Pikachu's mouth was covered with Kasumi's hankerchief and Satoshi climbed out using Takeshi's utensils (which defies all sorts of physics since those things would have either broken or cause him to slip IRL >_>).

Years
    Oh yeah... I forgot about that!

Hey, those utensils could be made out of titanium for all we know! And that's not the only thing that defied the laws of physics. Remember when Ash/Satoshi sorta "jumped" outta that pit? He flew what seemed like many feet in the air before landing, and that was when he was hanging from the fork and spoon! As Meowth said, "Ahhh! When did he learn ta fly?!" (I don't know Meowth's japanese counterpart!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back