• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better, Fakemons or Original Pokemon?

Which is better?

• Original Pokemon

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • Fakemon

Votes: 33 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
  • I prefer original pokemon, becouse it's too much work with fakemon:
    -you need to make/find them, nad they have to bee good.
    -you need to insert them, and edit their type, movesets, etc.
    - If you find a fakemon, you still need to make a backsprite( except for Samson.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    I'm gonna have to go inbetween. The best are variations of existing pokemon. For example, moemon.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • i like both the 25 empty slots should be filled with fakemon thats my view its fun to see what it will evolve to pluse have some of my fav original

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    Depends entirely on the creator. I've seen some fakemon that kicked arse, and some that didn't even look like anything at all (aka, SEVER... some say it's a rat standing on his head, but... I don't get it...) and I've seen unspeakably awesome Pokemon (Sandslash, Sneasel, Eevee and all his evolutions except the water one, and Growlithe as he was rendered in FR/LG) and some that weren't worth the pixels they were made of (growlithe as he was rendered in R/S/E, Dunsparce, and Arceus)

Overall, I'm happy with the existing Pokemon, and sincerely hope they keep on creating more... hopefully another spider, and maybe an ant and
    [RANT]NO MORE FRIGGING MOTHS AND BUTTERFLIES! THERE ARE ALREADY 5 OF THE DANG THINGS TAKE YOUR PICK FROM BUTTERFREE, BEAUTIFLY, DUSTOX, VENOMOTH, or MOTHIM! Somebody just is obsessed over at Game Freak. Mothim was the only one I even liked! There are so many bugs in the world they could base their pokemon on. WHY DID THEY GET STUCK ON BUTTERFLIES AND MOTHS?[/RANT]
    Anyways, yeah...

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
  • I'd have to agree with the many people who say 'Only professional looking fakes.'
    I believe that the best fakemons that I've seen have been Amethyst's and Torzach's.
    I really cannot wait to try out both of those games.
    On the other hand, however, I've seen youtubes and threads about hacks with stick pokemon and poop pokemon. Seriously? How immature do you have to be to make poop become a pokemon?

Last edited:

School days again...
    Years
  • As the owner of the thread, I choose Original Pokemon, because they look nicer than the other pokemon but there are Fakemon which looks nice, too. Like MegaMaccer's Fakemon. Original Pokmon's names fit to them but some Fakemon's names fit to them, too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2009
    Truely: it matters... fakemons can be horrible or be amazing but seriously we all know the original pokemon

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • I've played some hacks with fakemons and I liked it, even if they were horrible. I think that sometimes just to try something new, a game with fakemons is very good, and if they're good fakemons, with quality, better. They make the game more interesting, because it's all new. Although, I still prefer the original pokemons.

Napalm

Careful! That Stuff Burns!
    Years
  • It really depends on the effort made into the Fakemons, I have seen some amazing creations, some which I can say are better than the original Pokemon. But really, I can't say which is better, because it depends on a lot of things.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • It really doesn't matter to me. Fakemon in a hack show creativity (well for the most part) but on the other hand some of the fakemon look weird and it just ruins the Pokemon game.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    -blinks-

It's kinda tough to compare official Pokemon with Fakemon. The main reason for that is that most Fakemon aren't done in the Pokemon style, so there's a feeling of disconnect that affects your opinion of them.

But if the Fakemon actually look and feel as though they could be real Pokemon - I say Fakemon. It's the thrill in encountering an entirely new Pokemon, one that you didn't know existed, that we kind of lose in the official games because we find out about every single 'mon before we get to buy the game. :P Of course, if the Fakemon are badly done, then it makes the whole hack crap to play.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2010
    I like original ones.. But some fakemons are pretty cool because ppl tend to come up with some creative ideas..

But, I'm more used to the original ones XD

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I don't see why this is even relevent to ROM Hacking. If people want fakemon in their game, they should go for it. If people don't want fakemon, leave them out.
    Surely we still ROM Hack for the enjoyment and chance to express our own ideas and stories through a hack, and not for fame or reputation, tons of fans or awards...

Oh well. I'd rather see fakemon than D/P pokemon resized and inserted by someone who doesn't know wth they're doing.

Notched^^

パイパイピチュー
    Years
  • Hm...Eh...as almost everyone else said it depends on the quality like in Pokemon Quartz I enjoyed catching Fakemons while in Chaos Black I hated it. I would enjoy catching Piplups first design looks like a Dark Dragon Water Type ^^. Oh yes I choose Pokemon since I have not had a challenge catching a Fakemon yet.

Back