• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which is better, Gold/Silver or Crystal?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    I like Crystal for making it a lot easier to catch Suicune and including Mantine, Ursaring, and Donphan (3 of my fav. GII pokemon) in one game. Silver loses for omitting the former 2 pokemon.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
    I have trouble playing through Crystal because I have an obscure phobia for the unexpected and shocking. I stay away from patches of grass in case the three dogs pop up since I'm forced to let them free in that version.
    It's funny though, I finally went into a patch of grass to train a Scyther and the first pokemon that pops up is Raikou! Gah!

I find Gold to be the best in all.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
    IMO, Crystal is the best. Even though I got sad that you couldn't catch Mareep, Flaaffy or Ampharos in the game ;_;

But still, you can catch Sneasel in Ice Path, which is waaaaay earlier than in GS :)

Crystal > Gold and Silver

and u can get Suicune without making urself tired finding it in the Grass.

In Tin Tower, I tried capturing Suicune with an Ultra Ball. It was annoying because I couldn't catch him T_T

Later in the game, I captured Raikou and battled the Elite Four with it. I beat the crud out of Lance and Raikou got in the Hall of Fame...

...Yet still, I got halfway through Silver in one day.

Last edited:
    Back